5

(new chapter)

"Are you sure? I don't mind waiting here for you, I can go back to the station later" Sung-kyung offers but I smile and shake my head, knowing that there's no other option available for me right now.

"Don't worry, I'm going to be meeting friends, there's no need to be so worried" I tell her but she pouts slightly.

"I know that, but... I'm the one who made you get out of your home and now I'm about to leave you to walk back alone, you already look tired, that's not how I'd planned today to go" she mumbles, her face looking incredibly adorable to me right now.

I pinch her cheek and grin when she yelps in annoyance.

"I'm a big girl, I can handle myself, you worrywart" I tell her and she huffs before swatting my hand away, her hesitation on the subject suddenly completely gone, which is exactly what I wanted.

"Okay okay, big girl, get out of my car" she lets out while pointing at the door and I laugh before doing just that, a wave of the hand sent for her as she grimaces at me before she's driving away to continue her job. I'm sure she has more important to do than staying here for me.

As for me...

I sigh and turn towards the building in front of me, stance wavering as I take in the coffee shop where Jimin and Hoseok work at, the pull at knowing that they're right on the other side of the door making me unable to turn around and walk away as I probably should be doing.

Honestly, I would've loved for her to stay, I need all the support I can get, but she would've seen me leave them, a sight that is never really pretty and she'd have understood what's going on right away, something I definitely don't want.

The girl's waiting for her soulmate impatiently, she would understand why I'm keeping my distances, but her need for her own would've pushed her to do what she considers right, which is for me to be with the guys.

I couldn't really blame her for that, part of me longs for this reality, to be with them, but what I need to do for that to be possible? It makes everything into an impossible dream, one that will never come true.

I huff softly and walk to the door, push it open to be welcomed by the comforting interior, temperature just perfect, but where I expect to find little to no one inside, the amount of people that grace my eyes takes me a little aback and serves to remind me that it's currently lunch time.

I guess it's good that I'm here after all, as painful as it is, I can bring something back home to eat once I've talked with the guys. Luckily it won't be for too long since they have quite the amount of customers at the moment, something that should get in my favor.

I walk to the back of the line, not used to seeing so many people here, a detail that changes the atmosphere inside into something livelier. Usually, when I come by, the shop has just opened so there's not that many people around, it's calmer, quieter. Waiting lines such as this one? They don't happen often for me.

Hearing laughter at the front, one that is clearly Hoseok's, Jimin's giggle quieter but still lovely to hear, I lean to my side to see them both hard at work, their hands fleeting around taking care of the orders as they smile and chat with the customers, their happiness never something to doubt about.

You only need to look at them to see that they love their job, that they were made for this. To interact with people, to make their days better, to make them laugh.

During the last year, they've helped me a lot. Through my pain, they've more than once made my day better because as much as it hurts to leave them behind, at the end of the day, I can only see the way they smile at me, their warmth and comfort.