Chapter 1

Read this first: Please note that I know nothing deep about how FBI works. I've done a bit of research and played around it to give this fic a dramatic flair. So, please excuse the mistakes in any form.

Jimin is 4 years older than Jungkook in this fic for the sake of the plot. He's twenty-eight. Ages of the characters are as follows:

• Jungkook – Twenty-four, professional gamer
• Jimin – Twenty-eight, FBI special agent
• Taehyung – Twenty-eight, FBI special agent
• Hoseok – Thirty, FBI special agent
• Namjoon – Thirty, Tech-geek, works for one of the top corporates in Korea
• Yoongi – Thirty, FBI special agent
• Seokjin – Thirty-one, FBI special agent in charge

Jimin and Taehyung are partners mostly dealing with undercover missions related to organized crimes. Hoseok and Yoongi are partners mostly dealing with cases related to cybercrime.

TW: Mild sexual assault and murder in this chapter.

Please read tags:

New York, the city that never sleeps or the Big Apple as many called it, definitely lived up to its name

New York, the city that never sleeps or the Big Apple as many called it, definitely lived up to its name. There was never a dull moment. Even at this time of the night on a weekday, the park was filled with people and their pets.

He'd seen the park from his car while moving into the neighborhood two days ago. It looked even better at night. The park itself was small, not even a block long. It was located at the center of the community.

Jungkook pushed his hands deeper into his jacket pockets; his mask and bucket hat covering most of his face. He strode to one of the corner benches that overlooked the park. The chilly wind of early autumn rustled his hair when he removed the hat briefly to ruffle his hair. The weather was pleasant for this time of the year.

His phone rang, pulling his attention from his surroundings. A grin broke into his face when he saw his mom's contact photo flash on his screen. He swiped a thumb across the screen swiftly pressing it to his ear. "Mom."

"Jungkookie..." He could feel her relief flood through the line. "All good? How is your new place?"

"This place is so good, mom. I like it here." His voice rang with a yearning, but his tense shoulders relaxed involuntarily. No matter how many times he spoke to her in a day, he always missed her.