Chapter 7

Here's the final chapter. Thanks for waiting patiently.

***

Three months later...

The recovery process was always slow. Depending on the injury, it took weeks or sometimes months. This time Jimin was given a long medical leave and was now confined to the four walls of his apartment. He didn't remember the last time he lived in his apartment this long.

These three months were the longest he spent in recovery. It didn't hurt while breathing anymore, but sometimes he could feel the phantom stab of pain when he inhaled too deep.

His mother stayed with him until a month ago before he sent her off with a promise to take care of himself. He had just begun to work out again under supervision. Jimin felt fine but it would take another month or two before he can report to active duty.

Meanwhile, Taehyung was working with other teams while he waited for his partner's return. However, after the two near-death experiences, they had requested a transfer to a different department and were waiting to hear from the higher-ups.

He trudged through the snow with a heavy heart. It was early March, but this year the snow had been unforgiving. He hugged the paper bags filled with groceries close to his chest. It reminded him of the day he went shopping and all the plans he had made for Christmas.

Then Christmas came and went when he was still in recovery with no news from Jungkook. All his plans were foiled. He didn't get to decorate the Christmas tree or celebrate it with Jungkook. Instead, it was spent on a hospital bed, surrounded by machines and tubes.

Jungkook's case had caught media attention and the public was shocked to learn the extent of crimes committed by the obsessed woman. They had confiscated her apartment and fortunately, there were no other victims.

As it turned out Ahn Eunji was the daughter of the Chairman of a prestigious vehicle manufacturer in South Korea. She had money and resources to pull the shit. They had managed to track her hacker and others through her various bank transactions though it took them time.

Jimin was shocked to find just how obsessed Eunji was with Jungkook. Their teams confiscated hundreds of thousands of photos and videos. The majority of them were taken in Jungkook's private moments, in the comfort of his home or during his short walks outside. It was worse than it first looked and Jimin could only feel glad that Jungkook was safe now.

Jimin didn't remember much from his captivity because he was in and out of consciousness most of the time. He was awake an hour or so before Jungkook arrived and was waiting for his chance to escape. He'd heard the conversation between Jungkook and Eunji.

Right then he wanted to hug Jungkook. His lover had been so brave throughout, facing his worst nightmare in person. He had come. Though it was foolish and reckless, Jungkook had risked his life for him.

Jungkook was given a break by his company. Their PR team had released a statement saying the gamer was going on a hiatus until further notice. Jimin hadn't heard back from him either.

He'd left several messages to the gamer and his calls always went to his voicemail. Seokjin wasn't any help either. The last he heard, Jungkook's brother had taken him somewhere and away from this entire ruckus. Their lawyer was the only one who got in touch with them from time to time to help them with the case. He couldn't help but wonder what Jungkook was doing and how he was.

Jimin reached his apartment complex and began to climb the stairs one at a time as a part of his recovery process. It was important to stay physically active and to ease his body back into strenuous activities.