Chapter 2

"Jiminie, everything is ready." Taehyung sat at the edge of his bed, resting his elbows on his knee while Jimin worked from the small table Jungkook had arranged for him. The young gamer was really thoughtful. "We scouted your tour route in advance. I'll be monitoring the security cams in the area and we will also have the team on standby if you need them."

"They won't try anything in public," Jimin said, not taking his eyes off his laptop screen. His eyes were narrowed as he twirled the pen.

"Do you think exploring the city with Jungkook will get their attention?" Taehyung asked.

"It's Jungkook. It'll definitely get their attention." Jimin finally met his gaze.

Taehyung looked handsome as ever in his simple blue jeans, white t-shirt, and checked flannel. His jacket lay at the foot of the bed. His partner had visited him in Jungkook's apartment to discuss their mission. Now the first step of their mission was a go.

"I might be your soulmate, Jiminie, but I can't read your mind all the time."

Jimin chuckled. "That's mostly because you're too lazy to use your brain." He stood from his seat and strode to the bed, taking a seat beside Taehyung. "I have a theory or two. I've been analyzing the pattern of our suspect's behavior. Apart from their obsessive behavior, they turned violent when they believed Jungkook had someone else in his life."

"I get it. Shouldn't you fake date the guy if you want them to come at you? That'll be quicker," Taehyung, the sharp-minded and the only one who read him as an open book asked.

When they formulated a plan, they didn't know Jungkook was gay. Jimin only aimed to be seen out with Jungkook, involved in a scuffle with the gamer that would make Jimin a target. But that plan wasn't foolproof. They were throwing shots aimlessly and hoped it would hit the mark.

This, however... was a game-changer. Jimin knew it would hit the bullseye if executed right. He would be able to take off the suspect's attention from Jungkook and turn things around.

"Because our suspect isn't a fool, Taehyungie. Jungkook is barely seen in public. And don't forget that they don't know he's into men. They might not take the bait if I were to fake date him out of the blue. So this..." he flicked Taehyung's nose. "...is a better option. It will also allow us to get a better grasp on this situation."

"Ah..." Taehyung's face broke into a huge grin. "Childhood friends to lovers' trope. I love your sexy brain." He tapped the side of Jimin's temple, making him laugh.

Jimin scooted back lying on his back and folded a knee.

Taehyung crawled to lie beside him facing the ceiling. "I can't believe they couldn't track this one for five years. And I'm surprised they didn't hurt Hannah."

Jimin hummed. "That was a long time ago. Three years is a lot of time, Taehyungie. At that time, they did what they thought was right. Also, Jungkook was within their grasp...sort of." He frowned. They wouldn't have expected Jungkook to leave Seoul and move across the globe. "But things changed. He moved to a different country. They found him again after eight months and that too because of an e-sports event."

"They must have reached their breaking point because they're losing Jungkook," Taehyung mused.

"Mhmm...they sure have reached their breaking point."

"That's fucked up. It won't be long before they attack Jungkook." Taehyung sat up, resting his back against the headboard.

"It's a possibility that can't be ruled out." Jimin's frown deepened. "Don't worry we will nail their ass to the coffin before that."

Game Over | Jikook | COMPLETEDजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें