8. The Fight

|| Izuku's POV ||

     I was fiddling with my pen as I watched Shota teach. I still can't believe I told him so much about middle school. Of course, I kept out the worst part, but I still told him so much. I also can't help but think that he's going to find out. He's already catching on. I can tell. When he looks at me, his eyes are filled with familiar care and comfort, but there's something else. There's a hint of suspicion. I hate keeping this from him, but I'm just scared of what he'll think. I know he won't react badly - obviously, he wouldn't - but part of me just doesn't believe it.

 "-iya! Midoriya!" I snapped out of it and looked at Shota's pointed look.

"S-Sorry Sensei!"

He sighed. "It's fine. Now can you answer the question on the board?"

"Oh! The answer is potassium aluminum sulfate."

"Good. Moving on."

     I breathed out and buried my head into my arms on the desk. Now and then I'd peak up to check on the board and found that it was something that I already knew. It wasn't long until the bell ringed and signaled lunch.

     Lunch is the busiest time of the day. The halls are crowded with students rushing to finally eat after a long morning of classes. I usually skip lunch. It's much easier to skip all the noise and drama, and just hang out someplace quiet. I stood up and walked out of the busy room.

     I pushed my way through the crowded halls to the roof. Nobody ever comes up here, so it's the perfect place. I sat down on the edge and traced my soulmarks. I love my soulmarks. They're the only things I actually like about myself. It's hard to love yourself when you've been degraded your entire life.

     I sighed and look up at the clouds. Maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to sneak out tonight and watch the sunset. It's not likely. If Shota and Hizashi ever found out I ever came up here, I'd be in big trouble. I looked down and swallowed. It was a long way down, but it was also quite beautiful. It's just people going about their everyday life without a care. Sometimes I wish I were one of those people. They probably have a much better life than I do, but it's bad to assume things.

     I heard the screech of the roof doors open and footsteps coming closer until they were right next to me. The person sat down next to me. I didn't really care who it was. I took a glance and saw my lover. Well, one of them anyway. He made eye contact with me and we just stared at each other. I took in his features. He had a sharp jawline and glorious black orbs. His hair was tied back and his lips blew me away. They looked so soft.

     He must have read my mind because he leaned down and kissed me. It may not have been that long, but it was amazing. I basked in his comforting warmth and felt safe with all the love that was shared silently between us. I felt like I could have stayed with him forever. When he pulled away a smile tugged at his lips and he gave a quick kiss to my forehead.

"I love you." His deep voice made shivers run down my spine and my face flared red.

"I-I love you, too." I looked anywhere but his face and he chuckled.

"You're so adorable."

"Huh!? N-No I'm not!"

He gave me a stern look. "Yes, you are, and if you disagree with me I'll give you detention for a week." He paused and smirked. "Not that I would mind."

     My face turned even redder - if that was even possible - and I covered it with my hands, peaking through a gap in my fingers. That's when I heard it again. I heard the deep chuckle coming from the handsome man seated beside me. Then, my hands were peeled from my blushing face and revealed the full face of Shota Aizawa.

"Why are you sp cute all the time?" He chuckled out.

"Wh-wha-" My lips were captured in a kiss. I felt like I was dying, but at the same time, I felt alive. Why must every kiss always feel like the first?

     He pulled away and stared at my freckled features. His lips were quirked in a smile and his eyes held more love than anything. Then, that was all interrupted when the door banged open and a loud cockatoo tromped over and sat down on the other side of me, placing a kiss on my cheek as he did so.

"Hello, my Izuku!"

"Hi Hizashi.

"What are you doing up here? Wait... You weren't going to jump again, were you?"

Then Shota pitched in. "You better not have." He gave me a cold glare.

"No! No! I wasn't. I-I usually come up here for lunch."

"Do you eat anything?" Shota questioned sternly.

"Oh! There was this one time when-"

Shota's eyes turned red and the tips of his hair curled upward. "Do you eat anything?" He repeated with more force.

I sighed dejectedly and answered, "No."

     He sighed and stood up, making it clear he wanted me to follow him." He grabbed my hand and squeezed lightly before pulling me through the halls back to the classroom. He flung the door open and slammed it shut as he dragged me to his desk and made me sit on his chair.

"Izuku," He sighed. "You have to stop doing this to yourself. We thought you were getting better!" He motioned to Hizashi who had a serious face for once.

I gulped. "I-I was-."

"Then show me. Izuku, you're not eating lunch. You jumped off a fucking building for God's sake! You say you're getting better, but you're not even trying."

Tears pricked in the corner of my eyes and I let them fall. "I know I'm not trying! I want to get better, I just don't know how! Stop yelling at me when you could be helping me!"

"Were are trying to fucking help you! Why don't you just accept it. You're saying you want help, but you push us away if we try! Why don't you want help!?"

"Because I don't want to feel like a burden!. I've always been told I was! I've been told asking for help makes you weak! How can I be a hero if I can't even take care of myself!"

"You are the most heroic out of the entire school! Your reason for becoming a hero is to help people. Hell, you are one of the only people in this entire school who think like that. Everyone needs help! Especially you."

     By then I was full-on sobbing. I didn't even try to stop. I let the tears fall and my cries echo through the room. O didn't care if Shota or Hizashi were there, I just wanted to let out all of the stress that I have been holding in my entire life. I needed to hear someone say that I was a hero. I haven't been told that ever in my life.

     I only came out of my head when I felt myself being pulled out of the generic office chair and engulfed in the warmth of my soulmates. I melted between them and sobbed on Hizashi's chest. I heard every single loving sentence mumbled into my ears and every single caring touch caressed upon my skin. And then I heard that one sentence.

"Everything will be alright."

(Word Count: 1262)