11: Comfort

"What?"

"You know, your other scars. The ones that you didn't get from your quirk or your father," Shota spoke firmly.

"I- uh well..-"

"Please tell us." I looked at Hizashi's face. His eyes were soft and it was clear he was worried.

I breathed out. I may not be ready for this, but its for my own good. "My-my scars... They're- um- they're from me. I mean, I-I did them myself."

"Izuku, you mean..." Hizashi paused. "I'm so sorry!" Tears sprung to his eyes, and they fell. He's crying. I made him cry. Oh my god, I'm a horrible person. He's my soulmate and I made him cry.

"No.. No, please stop crying. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry. Please stop. I'm so sorry." My face turned hot as I spoke and my eyes felt wet. I can't take his crying. It hurts me so much to see him so fragile. He fragile because of me.

"Izuku—" Hizashi placed his hand on my cheek and stroked it with his thumb— "it's not your fault. I love you so, so much and there's nothing you can ever do to hurt me. I'm crying because you hurt yourself, and I don't want you to be hurt. I mean, you're my soulmate and I'm supposed to take care of you, but I couldn't."

     That's when I let it out. Everything. The stress from All might, Kacchan, my father; it all fell out. I didn't speak about it, I cried. No actual words, just nonsense and my own cries. Why are they so kind? Why do the care? What's the point? But they're so amazing and they love me and they make me happy. Why should I be sad when I have them?

"Izuku, I love you." Hizashi pulled me closer to his chest, and I felt.. safe.

     Shota rested his hand on my back and rubbed small circles on it. I breathed slower and for once, I felt at peace. The world slowed down and my head stopped racing a mile a minute. It q was just us: me, Hizashi, and Shota. I felt loved and cared for I wish them would never change. Sleep took over again, and I felt light and airy as I fell asleep with my soulmates around me.

(Sorry it's short. I promise next chapter will be longer.)

(375 words)