4: Moving Day

||Deku's POV||

         It's been a few hours since the events at the park. I've just been wondering so much about how Mr. Aizawa and Mic are going to convince Nezu to let us share a dorm. Maybe they'll tell him we're soulmates. Will Nezu accept the fact that we're soulmates?

          I need to calm down. This is way too much to cope with. I wish I didn't have to worry about this. It's been forever since I've been this hopeful. Father made sure to squeeze the hope out of me. So why is it here now? I've been hopeless for so long. I don't want it. I don't want it to get crushed again. I don't want to be left crying in the dark, depressing rain.

         These people won't help me. They're just going to build me up so I can fall again. Nobody is trustworthy. Ever. One thing I've learned from being bullied is that there's no such thing as friends. All they do is stab you in the back. Leaving those very painful invisible scars. Making you feel like a thousand sharp pins are pricking into you if you make a wrong move.

         In a matter of seconds, my breathing hitched at the painful memories of the people at my old, dreadful middle school that decided to pretend to be friends with me just to get my hopes up, and then ground me into the dirt throwing cruel and devastating insults at me just to show that they were right about quirkless people being useless.

         Now all that's left of me is a shell of that once happy kid who thought the whole world had his back, only to find out the world had given up on him. Even his idol said it himself. 

"I honestly don't think you can become a hero without a quirk."

"It's not bad to have a dream young man, just... make sure your dreams are obtainable, realistic, understand?"

Then there was Kacchan.

"You wanna pretend to be a hero. You don't stand a chance without a quirk. Deku."

"Just pray that you'll be born with a quirk in your next life and take a swan dive off the roof of the building."

         When All Might left me on the roof, I was actually going to jump. The only thing that stopped me was when I heard screaming. Even then I was still considering jumping until I heard explosions. Sometimes you don't always get what you want. 

||Aizawa's POV||

         Hizashi and I are sitting in Nezu's office pitching the idea of us and Problem Child sharing a dorm. I hope it won't get to the point where we have to tell him we're soulmates, but he has a knack for already figuring these types of things out.

"And why would you like to share a dorm with Midoriya?" Nezu asked nonchalantly.

"We would like to keep an eye on him because we found him about to commit yesterday evening."

"Why can't you contact his parents about this matter?"

"His father abuses him! No way in hell will I let him go home to that- that monster!" Hizashi yelled.

"Then why not move him into the 1-A dorm with his classmates? Surely you can inform them about the situation. Unless there is another reason you would like to share a dorm with Midoriya?"

"There is, but it isn't too important to discuss at the moment," I said trying to keep my calm.

"My theory is proven."

"Wh-"

"You're soulmates. It was painfully obvious. The way you avoided that topic, it was impossible not to figure it out. You were also quite insistent that he shares a dorm with you two in particular."

"Yes. We are soulmates," I admit tiredly. I'm so done with this guy, but he pays me. I'll have to stay.

"Wonderful. I see no reason not to let him stay with you in the dorms."

||Mic's POV||

         Am I hearing this properly? I get to live with my adorable cinnamon roll? Ohhh Yeeeaaah!!! This is awesome! We get to make sure he's okay and see his very kissable face every day.

"Thank you, Nezu," Shota said and bowed. I quickly did the same and followed him out the door. Time to go see my Izuku.

         We enter the empty classroom to see Midoriya at his desk with a somewhat pained expression on his face. He looks to be writing in his notebook, but he soon gets frustrated and groans.

"Are you okay, Little Listener?" He jumped at that. I guess he didn't hear us enter the room.

"Oh- uh- Y-Yeah, I'm okay."

"What were you writing in that notebook?" I asked curiously.

"I-It's nothing."

||Aizawa's POV||

         I walk up to him and grab the notebook from his desk. He visibly flinches when I touch it. Hero Analysis for the Future #13 is written on the front. Its pages are distraught and fragile. The cover has burn marks on it. The whole thing looks like a train wreck.

"What happened to this book? And what's with the name?"

"Uh-uh... I-It's kinda p-private.."

"Seriously, you need to stop keeping secrets. We're your soulmates. You're supposed to trust us."

"C-Can you put it down..?"

         I carefully flip through the pages until I get to one that has a list on it.

Things Not to Do

1. Get angry

2. Be late

3. Get bad grades

4. Join a club

5. Tell people about abuse (Rule Broken)

6. Trust anyone

7. Get attached to an object

8. Anger Father or Kacchan

         What the fuck is this list? Why can't he get angry at someone? What's so bad if he gets bad grades? And what the hell!? Why can't he trust anyone? Is this why he never opens up to people? Why can't he anger Bakugou?

There is something wrong here, and I'm going to figure it out.