Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Victoria  

Someone switched on the light of room disturbing me from my sleep. I groaned in protest, shutting my eyes even tighter. I was almost fully awake by now but didn’t bother to open my eyes because Elizabeth was probably responsible. That girl can be such a baby sometimes. Why does she have to light the entire apartment at the middle of the night to just get a glass of water?

I had a sudden thought. She had come home sick from the college. A minor headache she had said but later in the evening she had got a really high fever. I had put a wet cloth on her forehead and had given her some pills. It didn’t seem to be of much help but at least her fever was controlled a bit. It worried me to see her in pain. She was my responsibility after her dad, my father’s younger brother died in an accident. I was only three years older than her but still she was the only sister I had and I was ready to do anything to protect her.

After about five minutes when the light wasn’t still switched off, I said in a grumpy voice, “Sweetie will you please switch off the light now!”

“Oh my, a pet name and you haven’t seen me yet. I didn’t know I was that charming,” a voice answered which was definitely male, scaring the hell out of me.

I jumped and sat up on the bed. The sudden light was hurting my eyes, so I was practically squinting.  My eyes adjusted a few seconds later and I gasped at the sight in front of me.

A man stood in front of me, his dark brown hair shone framing his gorgeous and masculine face; his skin pale yet had a sense of liveliness to it. The black skin tight shirt showed off his muscled body; dark blue jeans and men’s court shoes completed the outfit. Simple yet elegant, he looked like a dark fantasy come to life. He gave a teasing smile. Was it just me or did the smile make him look even hotter?

“Who the hell are you and what are you doing in my room?!” I blurted out. It was rude but I didn’t like the way he was looking at me.

He shrugged and asked “Are you sure this is your room? Though if you like it’ll officially become our room.”

My eyes widened when I realised I wasn’t in my own room in my apartment. The room was big, spacious and beautiful. The bed on which I sat on right now was king sized; the sheets were silk, soft and luxurious. I was clutching the blanket in my hands as if it was my life line. I was scared as hell but I didn’t want to show it. What the hell did he mean it would officially become our room?

“Who are you?” I asked again, my voice sounded a little nervous.

“Why don’t you give a guess then we’ll see,” he replied, his eyes were sparkling with some dark knowledge.

I gulped and whispered, “My kidnapper?”

His eyes widened in amusement at my answer and he grinned. “Are you sure about that?” He took a step closer to the bed.

“Don’t come near me!” I yelled at him.

A smirk appeared on his face and in a whoosh he was beside me. I gasped unintentionally as I came to realize he wasn’t human. He cupped my face with one of his hand while the other he placed on my waist. His touch was cool and comforting. I looked into his eyes and found that they were gleaming with lust. It wasn’t a good sign but I didn’t know where all the panic had gone to with just a touch. “Are you a vampire?” my voice was incredibly soft.