Chapter 6

I would have posted this chapter much earlier but there were some minor problems occurring on my laptop and so I had to wait until it was fixed. Anyways, Next chapter coming soon!

Enjoy, vote, comment... Love you all!

_________________________________

Chapter 6

Elizabeth

The kitchen was like the whole house was; elegant, stylish and spotless. It was decorated with colours like cream and off-white. The dining table seemed like it was made by some antique wood. I had no idea how mostly all vampires manage to be wealthy, I guess if you live up to centuries you pick up a few business tips.

I had no idea where Daniel was. He took off after introducing me to the housekeeper, which by the way was this Sophie.  She was tall, brunette and definitely in her thirties.

I was sitting on the chair of the dining table and eating a very delicious blueberry pancake and I couldn’t even remember the last time I had one. My father used to make pancakes at weekends when I was very young. My mom wasn’t much of a cook but my dad was. Suddenly I realised that I couldn’t enjoy eating these pancakes anymore because it brought happy memories. I was never going to see my dad’s smiling face again or perhaps I would see him in heaven.

“What has put such sorrow on that lovely face?”

I looked up at Sophie. Her shoulder-length hair had those beautiful curls that seem to have been done from a really good beauty shop but is actually all natural, her skin was the colour of coffee with a very little cream. She was a werewolf and I wouldn’t have even guessed that if she hadn’t told me. Apparently she was a really good cook. You could guess who made the pancakes. She was dressed in a cream dress with a little apron around her waist. She had one of those face that looked startling even without make-up.

After a moment of silence I answered, “It’s just that my dad used to make pancakes for me when I was little.”

Her face softened, she came towards me and put a hand on my shoulder, “I know how you feel about your dad not being with you anymore. I too have my shares of the loss of the people I loved.”   

“Really? Who did you lose?”

“Both my parents but it was a long time ago and if it wasn’t for Damien and Daniel, I think neither my brother nor I would have survived,” her face looked sad but her voice was clear with very little or no emotion in it.

“So both the vamp boys took care of you and your brother?”

She smiled, “Yes, child they did and me being their housekeeper is only a small thing I could do to return their favour.”

It wasn’t the first time she called me ‘child’ in our little meeting but I just kept wondering, so I had to ask.

"Why do you keep addressing me as a child? There isn't much difference between our ages,"

She smiled brightly and replied, "I'm actually fifty which means I'm quite older than you."