Chapter 9

Chapter 9

 Elizabeth

Something was terribly wrong with me, I couldn’t point out what but something in me felt different. I just started to feel this way ever since we returned from the cemetery. We were in Daniel’s room. When he had asked me to come with him, for some reason I couldn’t say no. He was busy playing his elegant black piano while I sat on the bed idly staring at him or at his lips. Was he this scrumptious before or was something wrong with my head?

The wordless music was wonderful but I couldn’t really set my mind to appreciate it because it was busy fascinating the looks of him. It wasn’t like me; I never stared at people, not like this. And it wasn’t like me to appreciate someone’s look this way, like the world would crumble if they’d disappear.

I guess Daniel sensed something was wrong too because he stopped playing and looked at me. There was something in that look that I couldn’t decipher. The look had some softness to it, was it what the look of love looked like? He stood up and walk towards me, he stopped just inches away and since I was sitting on the bed he had to look down and I up to see each other’s face. And again my eyes drifted towards his lips, I wonder if they were as soft as they looked.

“You okay?” he asked as he cupped my face in the palm of his hand and forced me to look higher, into his eyes. I licked my lips for they were suddenly dry. “I’m not sure,” I answered; I decided to tell him the truth, “I feel something for you that I hadn’t before.”

“You’re attracted to me,” he suggested. I shook my head but it was difficult to do so with his hand on my face.

“I was attracted to you before, this feels… different.”

“It must be the bonding. Your power prevented you from feeling fully. Now that you’ve used it, you are free to feel what bonding with true love feels.”

“What I feel, feels ridiculous!”

He grinned then and his pointy teeth flashed in the light. He put his other hand on my face, fingers tracing my cheeks. “This is how love feels. A little ridiculous and a little mad,” he said and that gentle look returned.

“Am I truly your true love?” I asked.

“You are or the bonding wouldn’t have worked.”

That made me smile and I finally knew what I wanted to do from the moment we got here. I grabbed his shirt and pulled him closer. I reached with my other hand and traced my fingers across his lips; they were softer than they looked. I pulled him closer and whispered in his ear, “Kiss me.” His smiled then and the look had a little naughtiness to it, “With pleasure!”

He bend over me and our lips met. The kiss was gentle at first, just an innocent touch. Then it was harder and passionate. He pushed me back, forcing me to lay on the bed with him above me, our lips locked on each other. I ran my fingers over his soft wavy hair and bit his upper lip that had him moan and kiss me harder. His arms wrapped around my waist, my body shuddered with the feel of it. It was the best kiss I had in my entire life and it was ecstasy.

Victoria

It was almost midnight when we parked in front of the mansion. The first thing I told Damien was that I wanted to check on Elizabeth, he agreed. Apparently he wasn’t completely sure when he told me that Elizabeth was in his house and he didn’t completely trust his brother to be responsible enough. But if she wasn’t in the apartment then the mansion was the next bet. It did piss me off but I had to know Elizabeth was safe, so there was no time for arguing. As we entered the house, Damien led the way to Daniel’s room. He informed me that it was probably where Eliza will be and because she did seemed interested in him, I just quietly followed him hoping not to catch her do something that she’d regret later. Would Eliza truly be interested in a vampire romantically? Nah! She’s more sensible than that tough I could tell it can be real difficult at times not to react to such attraction. I mean, the back view of Damien was pretty impressive… I managed not to whistle besides that’s what Elizabeth would do.