Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Elizabeth

Standing alone in the cemetery at night is creepy but what I was about to do was creepier. It was explained to me that not using my powers and trying to contain them inside me had led to the horrible ache across my body the other day. It was simply because the powers were trying to find another way out. Physic abilities are a bitch sometimes.

So here I was prepared to unleash my power. I was a ‘Ghost Necromancer’, which meant that the ghosts were my speciality. Yeah, I could communicate with them but that was what mediums did, so it certainly wasn’t the part of being a necromancer; just an extra- credential bonus. I could help them animate, give them a voice and then control them the way I wished. It seemed like a good Halloween trick but sadly I had never tried it, maybe one day I might but today wasn’t that day.

The Archway cemetery was old, there were monuments of angels, weeping virgins and cross signs and lot of other stuff that ancient graveyards have. As far as I knew the site was abandoned- something about “restless souls”. A lot of people get mistake ghosts as souls but it isn’t so. Souls are the life spark in a living organism and probably can be only controlled by God; on the other hand Ghosts are the spirits, living memories of the dead and what I was about to do now would prove that they could be controlled if you’re powerful enough.

There were the sounds of footsteps behind me and I twirled to find Daniel standing in the dark. “You shouldn’t have come alone here. It isn’t safe,” he commented.

“I know but you were taking too long.”

He gave that charming smile of his, “At least you waited and I really would love to see you pull the rabbit out of the hat.”

“Very funny, this thing will be much more impressive than that silly magic trick,” I said.

I made him stand a little away from me because I didn’t know what would happen if my power hit his metaphysical shields. Maybe I was being paranoid but precaution is always better than cure and always will be. I faced the graveyard and slowly dropped my shields; the necromantic powers flowed off me in waves. A soft wind erupted and I was its source. The power spilled up over the land and moved along grave to grave searching, making me move with it. I could feel Daniel behind me but he was being careful not to come near the metaphysical wind. How mindful of him.

I stopped at the first feel of electrical pull; there- just to my right was a slight lingering of ghostly electricity. It wasn’t much but someday it would have been a complete ghost but now there was just a feel of it and nothing else. Ghosts could worn out as time goes by but I had the power and the ability to reanimate it. I didn’t know what I was going to do once I had reanimated a couple of ghosts using up enough of the stored energy inside me but I had to do it or otherwise I was screwed.

I went towards it and the remnant seemed to respond as if it had all its attention towards me. I let my necromancy flow towards it and it was like water filling a jug. The remnant started taking shape. First it was in the shape of white cotton candy then it turned into a shape of a human being. It finally took a shape of a man with a moustache and decent clothing floating just a little above the ground. I could see right through it and knew if I tried to touch it, my hand would pass through it as if it was air.