The Covered Streets

Sarvente's POV:

I brought Ruv with me to wander about in the streets, just for the view. I was wearing my nun outfit, just so people could trust me more, or maybe bring people's attention to joining the church as well! It was a great idea. Ruv and I never went out before. I finally had an opportunity to go out with him. I blushed a little after thinking about it between us. I really liked him, like really liked him. I didn't want this walk to be over. We passed a few kids across the street, it was two young and joyful kids in halloween costumes. One was in a skeleton mask with a light-up suit and the other was in a black suit with a light-up pumpkin mask. I can tell that they really love their new outfits, the last time me and Ruv saw them, they had a normal masks and normal stretchy suits. I was really happy for them. We walked passed the restaurant then onto the main lobby with the cliché fountain in the middle. We sat there for a rest, until Ruv spoke out for a conversation.

"Hey Sarv."

"Yes Ruv?"

"I noticed how you blush slightly when you looked away. Are you in love with someone?"

I looked up at him in a panic-strickened face. I started stuttering all of a sudden. I couldn't look into his eyes, and I can't help but blush even more.

"H-hey, it's not l-like that!"

"Whats not like what?"

"Just because I-I'm blushing d-doesn't mean I'm i-in love"

"Oh really? Were you blushing because of that guy that you turned to? I heard that it was red-midget's ex."

"Oh uhm—''

I suddenly stopped as I felt a hard rock knocked on my back, I could see that I wasn't the only one who noticed. A few more people were sitting on the fountain that Ruv and I were sitting on. I saw the rock hit them at the back of their heads. We ignored and thought that it was just kids trying to get out attention, but the guy on the otherside of the fountain was not buying it. The arena near the fountain and across the lobby has started forming. The bomb-head sweater guy that Ruv saw in the dark alleyways last week stood up and walked closer to one of the kids. One of the kids had red hair, a black leather jacket with a dark crimson top, with dark black jeans and chains linking to her back pockets and her front pockets, she had long sharp nails that made her look like a raptor, she looked like some sort of demon with her oddly sharp teeth and her hair sticking upwards like devil horns. The other kid next to her had orange hair, a green sweater but with a darker green shade on his sleeves, with brown pants and red hard-knocked shoes, whilst holding a gun to his side.

"Hey, stop that, it's disrupting me and my girlfriend's date."

The bomb-head snarled at the two kids holding rocks and twigs.

"Whose gonna stop us? You? Hah! You like a pimp!"

The red and black combo girl snapped back at the hoodie wearing bomb as they draw closer to eachother, preparing for battle.

"I said, stop throwing those darn rocks!"

"Hey Cass.."

The orange freckled boy shook the girl's arm for attention.

"We shouldn't do this Cass, you know that's one of Boyfriend's friends right? Any friend of BF is my friend."

The girl I believed was called 'Cass' rolled her eyes and took a step closer to the bomb-head, making the bomb-head look further down at her.

"Look 'Whitty' , we're here because we own the place, this lobby and the streets that are near this area are OURS! We either want you to walk away and never mess with us, or we can end it right here."

'Cass' crossed her arms and showed her twisted smile, she had a few gold teeth shining throughout her white teeth. The bomb-head stared and started growling, his 'girlfriend' walked over and tapped him on the arm.

"Whitty, it's okay, we'll go over to my place for the night."

I recognised the face. It was Carol's, I never knew she had a boyfriend. I noticed Ruv eyeing the two arguing across the fountain, he squinted his eyes slightly to concentrate, but he settled down to as if he was just spectating and had nothing to do. I looked over at 'Cass' and noticed that when Whitty and Carol started walked away, she threw a much bigger rock towards the two of them and stood there, as if she was ready to take the damage. Her friend, the orange haired kid was starting to get annoyed and tired of his friend's actions and stepped backwards, avoiding how he was a part of this, as if he doesn't like to get involved, but here he was.

"HEY I SAID STOP!!"

I got slightly startled as he stomped furiously at the girl, pulled her hair and brought her face close to his.

"I told you not to throw those damn rocks!"

"Heh! I finally got you mad huh? Does it just take that to make your temper rise?"

I got startled at the girl's response, she was being pulled by the hair, yet she's taking the risk. What was her problem? I stomped into the arena of them two, just to make the freckled boy on the left calm down, as he looks more startled and panicked.

"Hey!" I bellowed

The other two on the right striked their head to turn to me.

"Stop it! Both of you need to calm down, that's very unholy of you!"

I was almost on the urge to swear at them, just like me swearing to Ruv to deal with my problems, honestly I feel bad. But I couldn't have just slipped away from the two of them to continue their horrendous fight. Ruv stepped closer, backing me up. I knew this because of his hard boots thundering through the ground.

"What do you guys got to say for yourselves? Your misbehaving! You! Bomb-head! You could've just walked away! And you, 'Cass', you shouldn't be throwing rocks!" I crossed my arms in disappointment.

The two looked at me. The bomb-head slightly threw the girl across on the ground then over-towered me. I gulped. I looked away as he shouted harshly.

"HOW COULD YOU SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT!! YOU DUMB IDIOT!! SHE WAS THROWING ROCKS AT ME! HOW COULD YOU BLAME ME?!"

His voice echoed across the lobby. I noticed the bomb-head got startled and backed away in a quick flash, realising that Ruv punched him across the face. The two smaller kids, Carol and freckled face huddled a little closer to me, as Ruv punched and kick bomb-head until he was on the ground. Carol whispered "Whitty!.." in a worried tone, then she ran infront of Ruv. Ruv stopped his leg from kicking Carol when he was about to kick 'Whitty' on the ground. Whitty was beaten up, his face was sore and he was slightly limping to stand up. Ruv pointed to both of them and said "Leave." In his thundering voice, louder than Whitty's.

"Look! I'm sorry for my boyfriend, he gets mad easily!" Her eyes watered as if she was hit by Ruv too, I realised that she loves Whitty. The freckled face ran away with Cass following up behind him. Ruv stomped to the direction back home. I checked the time, it was 12:30. I wrote a quick apology letter through a bunch of sticky notes that I kept with me, just in case we get an order in a restaurant, even though I know that Ruv hates restaurants. I gave Carol the letter with said "Sorry for my friend, Ruv, he's overprotective of me." Carol accepted it in her weak smile and turned to Whitty and helped him up. As I saw them leave, I ran to Ruv, noticing how he hears the click-clack of my heels catching up to him.

"Ruv, I'm sorry..I-''

He cut my sentence by throwing half of his arm in the air to tell me to stop talking. I followed him to the direction of the church. I've gotten worried throughout the night with him. We slept in the pillow barricaded bed and dozed off to sleep. Hoping that he doesn't notice my mutters and mumbles of my sleep talking.