sesame syrup

Johnny didn't know what it was but if he believed in God he'd assume that was God's way of saying "Here, take this, make things better and stop fussing about. I get a headache from watching you toss"

Johnny was currently pounding on the door, and its response to his knocks was a single click. The door opened, revealing an adult woman, the same age as him, with a face stripped down to its naked, clean structure, no trace of emotion, no trace of any feeling whatsoever, nothing. Johnny was thrown off and couldn't bring out a word. The female jerked her head and leaned back, gracefully, like a dancer would do it before a turn. Her big expressionless eyes had the quality of a magnifying glass, they were used as a lense for inspection, exposing the enlarged iris of the inspector beyond. She prodded and she cut through every barrier one cared putting up until she had what she wanted, the truth, the ulterior motive.
"What do you want?"
Was she not supposed to ask Johnny to introduce himself first or did she recognize him? Was it why she didn't ask? Or did she simply not care?
"I'm Johnny and I'm here because of Jaehyun. You might not remember me but you must remember him"
"I don't know what you're talking about" She snapped her shoulders.
"Liar"
"Mommy is not a liar!"
Johnny gaped. This, he chuckled, this must be him. His true motive, did she see right through him? Did her gaze prod deep enough to know he'd come for her son?
Remember Adeline? The girl that was supposed to get the abortion? Well, long story short, she didn't. This behind her lean calves was none other but Jaehyun's own son.
"They look so alike...", Johnny was gasping. And indeed, they did look alike. All that the kid, his name was Sandy, inherited from his mother were the hazel eyes, the rest, the mouth, the eyes, the nose, the proportions were all his. This was the living copy, a five years old clone of Jaehyun. No wonder Donghyuck and Mark immediately knew. No wonder they instantly called him, summoning him to their hotel.
"I suppose you're reconnecting with your roots here in Soul"
The female exhaled.
"And what's it to you?"
Johnny smirked"I could expand the experience"
"I don't know what you're talking about"
"Oh but you do know it"
His smirk blended into a whole grin.
"How long"
Johnny felt like doing something illegal. He liked that. He maintained the smile.
"For as long as you wish"
"And what's in it for you?"
"I'm offering you babysitting services for free and you care for my reasons?"
"You're right, I don't"
She thought for a while.
"I need a minute"
She shut the door in his face and Johnny, lingering there just a moment, treaded backward until his back was grazing the wall, then leaned back and mulled over her words, his words, their words altogether. He was enjoying himself. It went smoother than he'd expected. Agh, he loved that.

The mother seemed to argue with her kid behind the door, Johnny  only heard snippets but they were enough to bring him to this assumption. The child persistently wailed inconclusive arguments, its parent persistently warded them off, after what the younger of the two would resort to emotional cries and exclamations. Johnny suddenly realized he knew nothing about kids. Only that they were, in Taeyong's words, drunk adults. The thought made him laugh. He could handle a drunk adult, couldn't he?
The door opened and the woman thrust a bag in jJohnny's chest, he took it and let his gaze land, casually on the kid, drawn together, gazing down. He asked him to introduce himself. Sandy mumbled his name.
"I want him back by tomorrow afternoon" Johnny looked, up, preoccupied with some thought of his own, then nodded and rose to his feet, he was squatting before. He wondered how easy it was, almost too easy. She seemed almost too happy to get rid of her child. Then he noticed another person hovering behind her and knew.
"Copy that"
When the door closed, Sandy seized its handle and desperately tugged at it trying to open it. Johnny felt for the kid. He crouched behind him again and hesitantly patted his shoulder to which this very shoulder flinched and send out a shudder through the rest of the body. Johnny's hand drew back and dropped on his knee. He was stuck, he really did know nothing about children. Sandy kept pounding on the door.
Now would be the right moment for him to say something. Something soothing or merely distracting. Johnny dawdled, he didn't know what to say.
The idea had come to him as he glimpsed the contents of Sandy's backpack, as he, from the numberless things she had stuffed it with, picked a book and held it in front of him. He started reading, Sandy, pricking up his ears, removed his fists from the door and quieting down, listened. Johnny was reading the paragraph with intentional mistakes, misspelled words and names. The trick must have worked because seconds after his first word, Sandy whirled to him and corrected. Johnny let him stand by his knee and point at the words Johnny misspelled. Sandy was five and he could read. Johnny didn't know what else he expected from a child bearing Jaehyun's genes.