one..

"we didnt murder anyone"

JJ's POV

I watch Pope take the first swing at the tree. Then the next, and the next, and the next. Until finally there's somewhat of a canvas in the shape of a heart on the tree.

I carve the names of my girlfriend and bestfriend into the tree, and do the final touch by signing P4L under it. At the top was their birth year '2003' and the year they passed '2020'.

I stand back beside Kie and Pope and hoed up my canteen, "To John B, and y/-" I cut myself off by my breath getting caught in my throat. I could see in the corner of my eye Kie and Pope giving me sorry looks.

"And to Sarah," Kie added and I took a drink out of my canteen.

I stole y/n's favorite bracelete the day she passed, and I haven't taken it off since. At least I got to say goodbye right, I thought we would be together forever but when does anything ever go right in this town.

One day I'm the happiest I've ever been, and the next I'm crying myself to sleep everynight because my girlfriend died in a fucking tropical storm.

I then made one of the best decisions of my life and gave myself two stick-and-pokes. One on my ankle that said P4L and y/n's initials (i)BB on the inside of my right wrist.

Your POV
Here's a fun fact. You ready? Here we go. Everyone you know... wil die. And by everyone... I mean everyone. Your mother, brother, sister, father, All your friends. And all your enemies. Everyone. I mean, of course, there's another way of looking at it. Since it's all short and over so quickly... that makes everything meaningful. Everythings just one time.

Me and Cleo became very close now that we're kinda stuck on the ship. Sarah and John B got their own room, and so did I but I spend most of my time with Cleo.

It's pretty great as John B never really talks to anyone but Sarah so I'm usually alone in my room. It doesn't make sense to me why all of a sudden he doesn't talk to me as much, like we're losing our bond. I'm not mad at him it would just be nice if he wouldn't push me away.

I think about JJ everyday. I miss him so freaking much, no one, and I mean no one could ever miss someone so badly. It's not like I don't think he was hurt after I 'passed' but I can't help but think that mabye he has slept with other people already, and I can't be mad because I'm 'dead'.

There's one part of me that's like he's probably using that as a coping mecanism and then there's another part of me saying he wouldn't do that. Just thinking about him hooking up with other girls makes me want to puke, but I mean it's my fault for forgetting my shoes.