nine..

"im over your family screwing with my life"

"Anything broken?"

"Didn't feel good?"

"You okay?"

"You did not tuck and roll, that's for sure."

I look up after hearing a creak, everyone else doing the same. I try to grab Pope up, but I feel someone grab me pulling me back, as expected I look up to see JJ holding on to me. Luckily Pope rolls out of the way before the giant, gold cross can land on him.

"Pope, are you okay?" Kie asks, as he sits on the floor, rolled up to protect his head.

"Hey, you good?" JJ asks, crouching down beside of him.

"Yeah, I'm good. Just give me, like, one second to, like, catch my breath," Pope tells us, breathing heavily.

"You did it, Pope," John B says, looking at the cross that's now wedged into the floorboards of the church. JJ and John B walk up to it, running their fingers along the gold.

"Pope, she's... she's beauutiful," JJ says, the two boys staring at it in awe.

"I've never seen anything like it," Sarah speaks up.

"Man, the detail's insane," JJ adds on.

"Well, here's why Limbrey wanted that key so bad," John B says, pointing to a little door with a key hole on the cross.

"Whoa. Good find. How much do you think she's worth? Like, if we melted her old bones down, dude, I'm talking like high billions," JJ says, making me roll my eyes. I roll my eyes alot, but when you hang out with these idiots you have alot of reasons to.

"This belongs in a-- No! this belong in a museum," John B tells him, and I nod my head in agreement.

"What? So no one sees her?" JJ asks, I stand up from my spot next to Kiara, walking over to stand next to John B.

"In a museum where everyone sees it," John B tells him.

"Are you kidding?" JJ asks.

"John B is right, JJ," I speak up, making JJ's attention go to me.

"Have you--"

"Hey! It's my ancstors' cross!" Pope cuts JJ off.

"Right, okay. All right, all right. Well..."