2

"When Boss told me that he rented an apartment for me to stay in, I expected a fancy ass building, but this is more like a cozy middle class place," Machiko said to herself as she stared at the nice looking apartment complex. She twirled the key she received from the landlord around her finger. "Well it looks nice... Let's just hope there are no problems inside."

Walking up the small flight of stairs, Machiko passed two doors before she stopped at the third one, reading the number plate on it. "Guess this is my place." Inserting the key, she opened the door and was pleasantly surprised with what she saw when she walked in.

The apartment had a home-like feeling to it. It was fancy and it wasn't run-down. It reminded her of a normal family home. Well- what she thought was a normal family home. Bringing in her luggage and closing the door behind her, Machiko decided that before she started unpacking, that she should buy food for herself first. It was almost night time as she left in the afternoon and she hadn't eaten. The fridge was empty and she didn't want to starve, so food was the main priority, she could unpack later at any time.

Grabbing her phone, wallet, and keys, she stuffed them into her jacket pockets and started to put on her boots. "I'll just buy some groceries and then I guess I'll eat at a restaurant or buy some takeout once I'm done."

However, when she opened the door, Machiko came face to face with another person who was about to knock on her door. She craned her neck up slightly to see the person's face as her line of vision just reached his neck. He had wavy black hair reaching his shoulders and was looking down at her with a smile, showing off his canines. "Hey! You're the new neighbor, right?" he asked.

Machiko blinked, but gave him a smile in return. "Hello. Yeah, I just arrived." She stook out her hand. "I'm Machiko"

He grinned, grabbing her hand. "I'm Baji Keisuke! Nice to meet you." Letting her hand go, he handed her a plate of freshly made cookies. "My mom told me to give this to you, think of it as a welcome gift."

The brunette blinked, surprised at the thoughtful action, not many people were kind these days. "Thank you," she uttered, carefully holding the gift in her hands. "She really didn't have to do this."

"It's fine. She does this for everyone," he replied, putting his hands in his pockets. "Are you about to go out?"

"Yeah. I need to buy some groceries and I planned to eat out, but I'm not sure where everything is," Machiko explained and Baji smiled.

"I can show you around." "You sure?" "Yeah."

"Alright, thanks Baji-kun. Let me just put these away before we go," she replied and quickly put the cookies inside on the table before running back out, locking her door. "Okay, let's head out."

Baji was surprisingly easy to get along with. The boy was charismatic in a way as he seemed to draw people in with his easygoing, fun personality. She got along with him quite easily which allowed her more dramatic and teasing side to show up when she realized how dumb he was. Machiko had found out that Baji was in a gang when he told stories about people he fought, so in return, she told him some stories of fights she'd been in.

"You actually beat someone up with a deck of cards before?!" he exclaimed in shock as Machiko told him some of her stories in Yokohama. "No way!"

"Hell yeah I did," she smugly replied, grinning as she adjusted her hold on her groceries. "The guy was cheating in a casino right in front of me. I didn't want to get my hands dirty so I grabbed a deck of cards from the dealer and started to smack him with them. Did you know that a deck of cards can shockingly be harmful if hit in the right place at a certain angle?"

"Really?"

"Yeah. I have the camera footage from that time."

He howled in laughter. "Hahaha! That's hilarious! You gotta show me the video Machiko-san." He then stopped, blinking as he turned to look at her. "Wait, casino? Did you sneak into one?!"

"Huh? Of course not," she answered, raising a brow. "I legally walked in."

"But you're so young!"

"Baji-kun... I'm eighteen y'know."

"...Really?"

"Yeah."

He was shocked to the point where it made Machiko wonder how old he thought she was. "You're older than me?!"

"I guess. How old did you think I was?"

"I thought you were my age or a year younger due to your height," he replied, scratching the back of his head and her eye twitched at the height comment. "I'm fourteen-"

"Tch." She clicked her tongue, cutting him off as she glared up at him. "Why the hell are fourteen year olds so tall these days."

Baji sweatdropped. "You can still grow!"

"Don't lie, I know I won't." Suddenly, her stomach growled. "I'm so hungry. Is there a good place to eat around her?"

Baji thought for a moment before smiling. "Do you like peyoung yakisoba?"

Machiko smirked. "That my friend, is a gift from the gods."

Baji's smile got even wider as he threw an arm around her. "Machiko-san, you're now my best friend. Anyone who likes peyoung yakisoba is a good person!"

"Just for your compliment, I'll treat ya."

"Really?! Nice!" He cheered. "I definitely have to introduce you to my other friends."

"Alright." She smiled. 'How innocent and cute. I wonder if his other friends are just like him.' Machiko looked up at the sky, half-listening to Baji's rambling. 'I guess I should make some friends while I stay here.'

A/N : Sorry for the short chap. Update schedule hasn't been determined yet for this story since I'm busy with my other ones