4

"Why are we heading to the fifth floor?" Machiko asked, trailing a few steps behind Baji who looked eager. They were in their apartment building, but this time not on the second floor, but the fifth.

"I'm going to introduce you to my friend!" Baji replied, his canines poking out as he grinned. "You two will get along great."

The girl shrugged, putting her hands in her jacket pockets as she continued to follow him. "If you say so."

They soon stopped at a door and Baji knocked loudly and multiple times. "Hey Chifuyu! Open up!"

He continued to knock. "I'm coming, Baji-san!" A voice shouted from inside and when the door opened, Baji's fist was already being swung down to knock the door again.

Instead of knocking the door, he hit the poor victim in the face. Machiko winced when she heard a crack. "Ouch."

"Shit! Chifuyu are you alright?!" Baji asked the groaning boy holding onto his nose in pain.

"That doesn't look alright," Machiko commented, taking her hands out of her pockets and looking at the boy. He had blond hair, light blue eyes, and a piercing on his ear. He was wearing a similar uniform to Baji. When he stood at his full height after being hunched over, Machiko gained an irk mark on her head. 'Baji said that he was 13, so why is he like 5'6?! Goddammit! Young people are getting taller at a younger age as the years go by.'

"I-I'm alright Baji-san," Chifuyu replied, letting go of his nose.

"You're bleeding," Machiko retorted, pointing at the trail of blood leaking down from his nose. She then turned to Baji who had a mixed emotion of wanting to laugh and being concerned. "Look what you did to the pretty boy."

'Pretty boy?!' Chifuyu blushed. 'Now that I get a better look at her, she's really beautiful. Long brown hair, unique yellow eyes, a three leaf clover tattoo on her cheek, dressed all cool... AGH?! What am I thinking?!' "Uh... Who is this, Baji-san?"

Baji smirked, throwing an arm around the shorter girl. "This is my new friend, Machiko-san! Don't let her height fool you though, she's eighteen!"

"You had to bring my height into this huh?" Machiko's brow twitched and Chifuyu was slightly shocked that she was older than the both of them.

He laughed, ignoring her anger. "Anyways, this is my friend Chifuyu!"

Chifuyu nodded slightly, his hand still covering his bloody nose. "Nice to meet you Machiko-san, I'm Matsuno Chifuyu."

"Nice to meet you too Matsuno-kun," Machiko responded, handing him her handkerchief. She pointed to her nose with her other hand. "Might wanna use this to stop that bloody nose."

He blushed even more, taking the light blue handkerchief from her hand. "T-Thank you."

"By the way, what did you bring me here for Baji-kun?"

"I wanted you to meet Chifuyu so we could hang out!" Baji exclaimed, largely grinning. "Let's go to the arcade!"

Machiko smiled, shrugging her shoulders. "I'm done, what about you Matsuno-kun?"

"Sounds good to me," he agreed, closing the door behind him and removing the handkerchief from his nose when it stopped bleeding. "I'll wash this for you Machiko-san."

"Nah, it's fine. You can keep it."

"Alright let's go!"

The two ran to keep up with the already running Baji.

"HOW?!" Baji shouted, his hands gripping his head as he lost once again to Machiko in another arcade game. A gleaming sparkle seemed to appear out of nowhere as she smirked, her yellow eyes mockingly staring at him. "You definitely cheated!"