First Day

I was having the nicest sleep I'd had in ages when a sudden chirp in brought me out of it. It wouldn't stop so I got up to turn off the alarm. The bathroom was dark but the window brought plenty of light in, despite being in the dungeon. The water was warm and smelled heavenly as I soaked for a minute before washing and drying.

I used a drying spell from a book I was reading while I got ready. Today I was feeling good so I thought to wear something to match. A colorful cloak should do it. Red today, I think. I finished up grabbed my wand and books and headed up to professor McGonagall's classroom on the third floor.

By the time I reached the room I felt more awake. I knocked on her class door but without a response I peeked in, confirming she must be in her office. I found the door and knocked. "Come in." She called from inside. I opened the door to see her put the kettle on  "Tea Ms.? I don't know your name do I?" I shake my head. "Call me Ms. Hill if you must but Sarafina in private. And yes tea please." She nods, still smiling.

I look at her for a moment. "I do have a confession to make." She continues with the tea. "What that dear?" I take a breath before saying it. "I'm not the only person not supposed to be here." She pauses but still brings the tray over. "Who else?" I smile slightly. "My cousin Noella Greengrass." She sets the tray down and smiles, sitting across from me. "Draco Malfoy's intended. How do you have an entirely different name?" I chuckle. "She came many years before myself. That way she would age with the young Malfoy. She was able to find a family like hers in our dimension. She changed her name slightly according to her DNA test. She matched as a pureblood and Greengrass so they took her in." She hands me a cup and offers sugar and milk. I politely decline. "Accio honey." A bottle appears and I put a bit in.

She smiles. "So you're not completely helpless." I laugh. "No. My studies gave me some insight but not enough for what I need. You see, very few of the things I've learned can help me save him." I sigh and this pricks her ears. "You said him? Who is it?" I grit my teeth. "I shouldn't have said that. I do apologize but I can't tell you. It would change too much." She nods. "So your lessons with me are quite simple. You come in early to learn and after breakfast you do what needs done. Pass out animals or tests." I nod and drink my tea. She offers some fruit in a bowl and I take a strawberry. "And don't be late for morning tea. Its about time for breakfast. Follow me." We set our cups and saucers down and I follow her to the Hall.

Once there I look to find Severus but he isn't there. "Minerva?" I ask quietly. "Yes dear?" She says and starts eating. "Does he ever join you for breakfast?" She pauses for a moment. "Since he started teaching here, I haven't seen him attend one. His food is always here in case he does show up though." That solidifes my decision. I stand and grab my plate, now covered in my napkin. I cover his the same and turn to Minerva. "You don't mind if I take it to him do you?" She smiles. "Not at all. Go ahead. But don't be late to class." I nod and thank her, grabbing his plate and making my way to the dungeons.

I reach the hall and nearly forget his room. I decide to try his office first. I kick the door gently. I hear a muffled "Come in." I huff, "I can't exactly open it. My hands are occupied." I hear a chair scrape the floor and mumbling. It makes me giggle. The door swings open and at first he looks mad but then it softens ever so slightly. He steps aside. I walk past him, balancing the plates and cups on them as well. I place one in front of his chair and one in front of myself. "I wasn't sure what you'd like so I got the basics."

He sits in his chair as I sit across from him. "I don't have time to argue with you so just eat." He seems shocked but doesn't argue. He eats enough and I finish nearly everything on my plate. "Thank you for dining with me. I want to make sure you're eating enough. If you'll excuse me I must be leaving. Scurgify." He says nothing when it disappears and everything cleans itself up. "I'm sorry if I seem abrasive. I mean no ill intent." He opens the door and I leave without another word.