028

Chapter Twenty-Eight:
Crumbling

Reneé Trinity Jackson Chicago, Illinois

Chicago, Illinois

"I've been so stressed lately, Daddy, but I'm pushing through." Reneé explained to her father as she drove to her therapy session.

She hadn't talked to him since Reese's case because he'd been so mad at her that she was scared to call him. Keith felt incredibly worried for his daughter's safety when he found out the truth from the court case. He just wanted his only daughter to be safe, he felt that if she continued to live in Chicago, she wouldn't live a full life or she'd leave the city traumatised.

"Make sure you eating well and sleeping well. Also be honest with yo therapist so you have an emotional outlet, ion want you holding everything in." He rambled on, his worry very prevalent through his tone of voice.

"I'll make sure I do that. Daddy, let me call you back. I've reached the place." She said, "I love you."

"I love you too, baby girl." Keith answered before hanging up his phone.

Sighing, Reneé grabbed her handbag and walked inside the building. The receptionist already knew her since she'd been coming here for months, so she just ignored Reneé as she walked past her and to the elevator.

As she knocked on the door, she felt her hands shake slightly. Talking about what she felt inside was always hard because the only way she coped was through numbing the pain. Therapy forced her to address and it face it head on which was very hard for her.

"Come in." A soft voice said before Reneé pushed the door open and walked in.

Shutting the door behind her, she walked over to the sofa she'd been laying on for the past 5 months and she laid on it. Her therapist, who was a black, middle-aged woman, grabbed her pen and notebook before they began their session.

"Reneé, what has been running through your mind these past few weeks." Gina asked softly pushing her glasses up while she stared at Reneé.

"I've been stressed because Cameron's psychiatrist has been calling me everyday and I've been stressed because I can't really sleep like I used to anymore." She said very slowly, these things had been running around her brain.

"First things first, do you believe in closure Reneé?"

"Uhm." Reneé hesitated before she began to think deeply before answering, "I do believe in closure."

"Then why do you refuse to see Cameron?" Gina questioned her softly, "Wouldn't talking to him give you the closure you need and allow you to move on?"