13

Chapter 13: Got A Secret, Can You Keep It?

         "I always feel so guilty that Elena never gets to come to these," Bonnie frowned, her selflessness at an all time high and Nala nearly gagged at the lack of self- preservation that the Bennett witch had. Nala pitied her and the fact that Bonnie just couldn't understand that her friendship with Elena was toxic and increasingly traumatic as time passed.

         Flicking the living room light on and deciding not to stir the pot; the curly haired bombshell broke out the snacks and wine. "Don't feel so bad, you're allowed to have other friend groups outside of her."

         Bonnie shrugged her shoulders, taking a pretty large gulp of the sweet red before her. "I guess you're right."

        "Anyways," The blonde vampire speedily filled her glass and took her usual criss-cross position on the sectional. One hand reached out to grab ahold of the fuzzy blanket hidden on the ottoman and wrapped it around her shoulders. "I need all the dirty little details about your date with Damon from the other night since you never came home."

        "You actually went to that?"

       "Obviously," Nala retorts, a snort emitting from her without much thought. "—have you seen him?" Laveau popped a handful of popcorn in her mouth as she flicked carelessly through channels as her friends spitfired questions her way.

       "I've seen how much of a jerk he can be," Bonnie rolled her eyes, the green shade seeming to pop under the dim lighting. "Sorry, clearly my opinion is biased from all the stories Elena tells me."

       Nala slammed the popcorn bowl in the table a little harder than she intended to, her patience running increasingly thin and she slightly started regretting not having this sleepover be for only her and Caroline. "If Elena told you she was in love with Damon would you defend that too?" Bonnie's silence fueled Nala's fire, warm brown eyes lit ablaze in frustration and anger. "Exactly, so grow some balls that aren't fused to hers and then we can talk."

       "Yikes."

       Caroline's eyes darted between both of her friends, not necessarily having an opinion but definitely down for the drama that was seemingly inevitable. "I can speak for myself and I wouldn't want Damon dating anyone I know—he's dangerous."

"So are you, Bennett. An untrained witch who acts purely off emotion alone. Seems a bit more chaotic than the 'dangerous' dick I've been taking."

The witch let out a deep breath, realizing that maybe she was being a bit too judgy and simply nurtured her drink.

Brows raised high with tension, Caroline finally spoke, her better judgement finally over-shining her unrelenting need for drama. "So, are you and Damon like a thing?"

"He called me his." She offers, nimble fingers greedily grabbing for the chips on the table, her nerves getting the best of her. "The possessiveness in his tone definitely makes up for my lack of title, right?"

Bonnie and Caroline exchanged a look, one hopeful while the other was stubbornly pessimistic on the situation—not that Nala gave a damn, she would do whatever she wanted in the end. "I need subtext, you can't just say he called you his and not preface it with more conversation."

Gingerly gulping on the generous glass of red, Nala finally got tipsy enough to control her nerves and reenact her date with the sexier Salvatore—no detail was spared. The more she spilled about her romantic and salacious night with the man who she claimed as hers, she realized how Bonnie seemed to finally seem entertained by the idea. Going so far to ask, "Is he actually good or is his ego really just that big?"

Nala's grin spread like a cheshire cat, shoulders gently nudging Bonnie's as they lightened the mood, the voodoo witch pleased to have finally gotten a different reaction besides judgement from her. "Good isn't even the first word that I would use to describe it." She paused, sighing and properly articulating the feelings she got when she spent time with Damon. "It's exciting, unlike any adrenaline rush I've ever felt in my life. Sure, he's a little dangerous but I trust him, he just knows exactly how much I can take and the praise!"

Bonnie laughed, she couldn't even help it. She was a little jealous that this girl just moved here and was already seeing sides of Damon that no one else had seen since his arrival. "The praise?"

"The 'good girl' and slick little comments he makes," Nala shivered at the reminder of his smoother-than-butter voice speaking the words she'd just shared with her friends. The way his lips would shift and mould around the words with ease sent her into a submissive frenzy that made her feel like a little bitch.

Usually, Nala was a bit of a top. She loved to watch how she stole the soul of the sexual partner she sported at the time—the power was unlike any other. "—he's like an enigma and I feel like a moth to a flame."

"I get it," Caroline finally interjected, slightly tipsy from the wine. "—I never felt understood until I met Tyler; it felt like fate when we started talking."

"Exactly and it just makes me want to be around him all the time, even if that means I have to spend my time helping him scheme and plot against people I don't particularly care about."

"He asked for your help with Klaus?"

Nala flicked some lint off the fabric of her blanket absentmindedly. "No, but I figured if I offer it'll be a way for us to spend more time together."

         "It's like he put a spell on you," Bonnie joked, nothing serious behind her words but it brought a sick sense of satisfaction to Nala. Knowing something that they never would. And they wouldn't, she was exceptional at keeping secrets—especially her own.

         Nala Laveau slyly laughs, the sound smooth like butter even with its underlying sinister tone. "I wouldn't exactly put it that way."