嬰兒 | b a b y

it was the kind of silence where it seems comforting, but it's unsettling at the same time. just to hear army breathe filled most of the silence. he may be comatose, but just hearing him breathe steadily gave me hope that he will overcome this.

it was quiet for quite some time, but now his parents showed up again. quickly i let go of army's hand and just sat silently into the chair. his mother was glad to see me, made sure i was doing ok. but the father still stayed silent. army's mother gives me some curry to take home, since i wanted to leave briefly.

but what unsettled me the most, is when army's father looked at me dead in the eye, the words "a wise choice, not poisoning my son," escaped his chapped lips. i couldn't understand what he meant, but i left quickly.

i made sure all of his plants were still taken care of, before i flopped onto army's bed next to asagao. lately she's been acting off, maybe because she knows about army being alive but not. i couldn't really tell, and eventually i took a nap.

it wasn't for long, when asagao started throwing up on the bed. 'nooo' is what i was saying in my head as i was putting asagao into the bathtub to throw up. she didn't look too good so i hurried to the vet with a sick cat.

i was afraid that the vet would decline me because she wasn't my cat, but they understood my position. me and asagao waited in the lobby for a bit.

the vet doctor told us to walk in a room and carefully i placed the cage onto the table, open the door to let asagao out. the white kitty remained inside for a bit, then slowly she stepped out.

i was explaining to the doctor how she kept throwing up until i put her into the cage. they were silent for a while, then asked me, "has this cat ran away within the last two weeks?"

i told him yes, and they kind of chuckle at me.
"this cat, is pregnant."