六六 | 6/6

that week flew fast, because before i knew it, it was army's birthday.

and he still wasn't awake yet.

but that didn't stop me from still seeing him in his current state.

i took the bus this time to the hospital, mask and skull were too busy today anyway so i had to get my own ride. the bus station wasn't as busy as it usually was.

when i arrived at the hospital, it was empty, except for the nurses wandering through the halls.

army remained where he always was, stuck in that hospital bed. nobody was here besides me, not even the doctors were in the room. just me and him.

i pull up a chair towards his bed, and started talking to him like he was awake. i have never done this before, but i would ask "what's the weather like in that bed?" "happy birthday old man," "wanna hear a joke?". i know would not get any answer back, but still talked to him.

"oh, this is your present. i handmade this." i would take one of his cold hands and slid a bracelet i made myself. it had jade beads, with a few beads that had letters, spelling "S4 Army". i match with him too, but the beads on mine are rose quartz. it was a silly idea that i made up to give the s4, through mask and skull has not received theirs yet.

for a while, i ranted to army and held his hand. i doubt he could hear me... but i whispered something in his ear, and sat in silence.

three words i haven't told anyone else in my life.