❥ XIX

❥ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ

❥ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ

I walked down the hallway, making my way back to the main room. I felt embarrassed almost, I didn't expect him to go all out on me. This was all a big mistake.

All I was thinking now was, how was I gonna leave him. I wanted to escape. He has no more secrets he can keep from me, I know every single one of them...

I sat down at a random table, taking a deep breath. I leaned my head down in my arms on the table.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I lifted my head to see a random stranger wearing a purple masquerade mask over his eyes. He held out an envelope, staring down at me.

"A message.". He spoke out, as I took it from him. "He'll see you later.". He walked away.

"Wait—". I stood up, as he quickly blended in with the crowd, leaving me with the envelope. I sat back down, staring at it.

I ripped open the envelope, taking out the small piece of paper reading it slowly:

To:  y/n l/n,

Good Evening Y/N,

You look as beautiful as ever. I'm sorry to hear about the dispute between you and your lover, what a shame. I always knew he wasn't right for you, someone like him is never good for someone like you. Speaking of him, I have an interesting offer you might want to take. I think it's time we finally meet, so if you don't meet me outside at the fountain by midnight, I will destroy everything you love, starting with him.

much love, unknown.

"What—". I flipped the paper to see if there was anything else. "That bitch.". I pushed myself up, crumbling the piece of paper.