❥ XXII

❥ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ

"Elias is dead.". Rin was on the phone with his 'team'. That included Kuroo, Oikawa, and all the others that he worked with. "No, I killed him. He kidnapped Y/N, so I took matters into my own hands.".

I fidgeted with my fingers as he walked around. It's been 3 days since I killed him. My head injury was wrapped and I was discharged from the hospital, the day before now.

"Yes, I understand. He was causing trouble, I'm glad we got rid of him.". Rin laughed a bit on the phone, "I'll see you tomorrow for our meeting.". Rin hung up the phone as his smile dropped.

I stood up, wiping my dress down. "What did they say?". I waited for a response, eager to hear all the information.

"Well, I didn't tell them that, you killed him.". He looked pale, sitting down on the couch. "What we're you thinking?". He pinched the bridge of his nose.

"You were about to be shot, I had to. Look before you showed up, I tried to help him.". Rin looked up at me, shocked and surprised. "I threw his gun down on the ground, and I guess, he never picked it up.".

"That would make sense, when I got in there, you were on the ground. I thought you were dead. I charged at him and he took my gun.". He grabbed my hand in his, "I'm just glad you're okay.".

"Where were you?". I smiled at him, holding his hand as well.

"What do you mean?". He stared at me in confusion, tilting his head.

"I was in that basement for almost 3 days, where were you? You don't check your basement or the cameras you have in there?". I sat down next to him, leaning back.

"I wasn't here. I got home and I noticed the front door was broken, and when I stepped inside, I heard a noise. I'm gonna assume it was you, and Elias fighting?". Rin softly brushed my hair, moving his hand to my face.

"We fought a couple of times. I tried escaping at some point but he overpowered me, probably cause of the drug he put inside of me.". I hugged my knees to my chest, "Did they ever find out what it was?".

"I don't know yet. Results should be here before the weekend.". We both stared at each other, saying nothing. It was kind of awkward between us. "So, when are you going home?". He let go of my hand, standing up.

"I'm going home?". I felt my heart sink as I watched him stand up. His back was turned towards me, avoiding my gaze.

"It's no longer safe for you to be here. I've put you in too much danger as it is. If words come out that you're the one who murdered Elias, you'd be dead in less than a day.". Rin shook his head, as he laughed it off. "I'll set you up with whatever you need, but we should disappear from each other's lives, for good.".

"What if I don't want to?". I stood up, "We can't just say goodbye!". I crossed my arms, waiting for him to turn around. "Rin, please.".

"Y/N, look...we come from two different worlds. We're different people, we do different things and we work differently. This would've never worked out. My lifestyle isn't fit to yours.". Rin turned his head, looking down at me.

"Then, I'll change my lifestyles to fit yours—". I grabbed his arm, "We can make this work.".

"No, no—". Rin moved his hand away, shaking his head. "I would never let you join this life. It's dangerous and manipulative. It destroys people. It would destroy you.".

"Rin, just let me—". He quickly interrupted me, raising his voice.

"Y/N, I said no!". He moved his hands down, taking a deep breath. "Just, have your stuff packed by tonight. I'll set you up with a driver and some cash.". Rin walked out of the living room, leaving me alone.

...

I didn't want to leave him. It sounds weird, but after everything, we've been through? I didn't know he meant so much to me until I was about to lose him. It taught me to never take things for granted.

I slowly packed the things I had, even taking some of Rin's stuff as memories so I wouldn't forget about it. Stalker-like, I know.

I heard the door creak open, as I looked up from the bed where I was packing. I saw Rin standing at the doorway. "Ready?".

"Do you want me out of your life that badly?". I scoffed losing my bag up.

"Y/N, you know I'll always love you. This is hard for me too.". What a lie.

"If you loved me, then you wouldn't be sending me away, so stop trying to manipulate me into your little game. I'm not falling for it.". I looked away, holding my tears back as I picked up my bag.

Rin stood there silently, not knowing what to do or say. "Y/N.". He called out to me.

I refused to talk to him, he made me so upset with his mixed feelings.

"Y/N, let's run away...together.". Rin held his hand out, as he caught my attention. "Somewhere from away from here.".

"What—". I sniffled, looking up at him, confused.

"I said,". He took a step closer to me, cupping my face as he placed a kiss on my lips. "Let's run away together".