Strip Club

It was the first and last time I came to a strip club, and it was definitely one of the most unforgettable experiences of my life.

Was it the best experience of my life?

If you've been only around for 7 years, it's something that would traumatize you forever.

Well, mostly the first experience.

I was with this guy, just walking around town until he bumped into his friend.

"Hey, man! Looking good!" says the friend ecstatically.

They go for a hug.

"Oh, dude, it's been a while. How have you been? How's Laura doing?"

"Laura my ex or Laura my cousin?" the friend laughed.

The man I was with smiled. His name was Oliver.

"Laura your cousin," he chuckled. "How is she?"

"Aw, dude, you're still in-love with her?"

"I'm not! I'm just—"

The friend pats his shoulder. "I'm kidding! It's all right. She's a little cray, but you two would do great together."

Oliver smiled. "You think so?"

The friend scoffed. "As if it weren't obvious in elementary school,  you dweeb," he punches Oliver's shoulder playfully.

Oliver laughed. "Gee, thanks. And you still smell like whiskey and trouble."

The friend stuck his tongue out with his mouth wide open. "Are you gonna arrest me, officer?"

"If I were a cop, I would."

His friend raised both his hands. "But I'm innocent," he mockingly said.

"That face can never be innocent." They both laughed.

"Say, wanna come to the strippy club with me?" The friend slurred before burping in the end.

Oliver looked down to me and his happy expression faded. He seemed really happy to see his friend again but I ruined it.

"Oh, man, I-I'm sorry I don't have enough cash on me."

"No! Sorry is not accepted. I got this, okay? Don't worry about cash. It would be fun. Just bring your little friend and let's partay!"

We all went to the strip club together and it was loud and dark. There were women dancing on the stage with very few garments on and it was horrifying!

Everything was bumping into one another, we were pushed, there was laughter, there was alcohol spilt, and then I ended up lost.

"Oh," one of the lesser-clothed-ladies came up to me, "where did you come from?"

I didn't know what to do. It was scary.

"Don't worry, I'll take you home with me." She smiled and laughed.

The next thing I know was that I was at a different place with the lesser-clothed lady, but now, she was fully covered and she looked different. I only recognized the voice.

She held me and then made me lay down to rest.

"It was a great night," she said.

I didn't know what that meant.

"My life wouldn't be what it is now if I hadn't sacrificed so much." She sighed and flopped on her bed.

Then, I realized, they weren't bad people—they were good people in terrible circumstances.

I guess life really is abstract.