Crimes

One of the things I could never forget about my life was being involved in a homicide.

Not only that, there was adultery involved and suicide.

It was one of the worst experiences of my life aside from being traded to a bunch of gangsters, and I have lived almost 50 years.

You might be asking, what on earth happened?

This may take a while to explain.

It started when I was living with this family for a while. I had good relationships with everyone.

There's the father, the mother, their twin children, and a maid.

I have lived with this family for about 2 years. They were kind and generous, but what happened next was surely unexpected.

I was relieved from my room by the father and he took me to the kitchen.

"Hey," he said to the maid.

The maid turned. "Hello, Mister." She bowed slightly.

"It's just us now," the father said.

"Oh, that is true, Mister." She seemed a bit shy.

"What about we do it right here," the father said, tapping slightly on the kitchen counter.

The cheeks of the maid turned slightly reddish. "But the neighbors..."

"No one's watching," the father insisted as he stepped forward. The maid flinched slightly, but stood still again.

The maid's eyes found their way to my direction. She gulped.

"Don't worry about that," said the father when he noticed. "This is reassurance you'll keep quiet."

He pushed me gently towards her, and that's how everything went downhill.

"Honey I'm-- AHHH!"

The mother came home early with a cake in her hands but the cake found its way on the floor.

"Honey, I can expla—"

"NO! SHUT UP!" The mother yelled.

"Missus, oh Missus please forgive me!" The maid yelled, rushing towards the mother despite her struggles in putting back her clothes.

"DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH ME!" Yelled the mother. She became more furious by the second.

"It's an accident, honey—"

"Accident? You call this an accident? Oh, I'll show you an accident!"

The mother fiercefully pulled a knife from her beautiful kitchen rack and then struck the blade right in the father's chest.

The maid screamed in fright.

I was stunned from the events that were happening in front of me.

"And you," the mother pointed the blade at the maid. "I wouldn't want to waste my time on you. You are a disgusting, filthy, worthless thing." The mother hissed so bitterly.

The maid was sobbing. Her tears streamed freely from her eyes and the pain was so evident you could tell she never wanted any of this to happen.

"Oh Missus, I never meant for this to happen." She walked closer to the mother.

"Don't you come near me," the mother warned her.

The maid came closer, limping and weeping.

"It is only right, Missus."

The maid grabbed the mother's hand forcefully and drove the blade to her own chest.

It was a crime documentary in the making.

The whole house fell silent, and everything just seemed like a mess.

The mother, in agony and distraught, fainted.

As always, I had no power. I wasn't able to stop it. I wasn't able to help.

It was a terrible feeling.

The silence engulfed the whole house until sirens wailed around town and things just got messier.

I was useless until the end, but I came with the officials and that was the last time I saw anyone from the family.