Perfect Lady

I've always been the type to be crazy and different and unique, but most especially because I met the Perfect Lady.

I was about 17 years into life when I lived with this lady who wanted everything to be proper—the process of eating (soup first, then appetizers, then main course, or something like that); the order of kitchen equipment you wash first; the sheets on her bed should be nice and crisp; the curtains at just the right coverage; and more.

I have never met anyone who wanted all things to be as perfect as perfect can be.

There was one time she grabbed me, and this I could not forget, and she was furious!

She shook me hard and yelled, "you have to be straight, okay? Straight!"

I was in shock. I didn't know what to do and what she meant.

She did everything she could so I could be 'straight' in her eyes.

It was like a one day, all around salon and spa treatment like those in the movies—there was steam, there was ironing, there were towels, and I actually had fun.

Although, I didn't get the point why she had to do that.

It made me upset, though, that she lived alone. She mostly talked to herself and never minded anything because she was pretty much busy cleaning.

Was she that bad that people didn't want to be around her?

She was about 50 years old. I didn't even know if she had children. There were no picture frames, and no phone calls.

Was she all alone?

To this day, it remains a mystery.

How could someone be so alone? Was it their choice? If so, I guess that would be all right. Or was it because people merely avoided people like Perfect Lady?

Then again, the saying is true: nothing's perfect. It would only seem like that for a moment, and then when the moment passes, every thing is chaos.

I feel bad for Perfect Lady. I wish I had the power to do something, but I was incapable.

There was one sad day that I had with Perfect Lady.

We had a nice meal outside for lunch at one of the French restaurants just 2 blocks from her house. It was peaceful and sunny, but Perfect Lady's face was not at all pleasant.

She had a frown and she talked to herself while eating. People were looking at our table with judgment lacing their gazes. It made me sick.

If only they knew what Perfect Lady was going through.

She had the money, she had a great home, and she could afford the help as it seemed but she was too much for the people. Honestly, to me, she wasn't that bad. She just cared too much, but nobody cared enough for her.

I guess pain in circumstance makes people a little... glitchy.

After she finished her meal with a last sip of her iced tea, she continued talking to herself and just left me on the table without looking back.

I didn't know what to do.

I wanted to be with her, but she left me and I couldn't do anything about it.

After that day, all I wanted was her to find happiness, if not happiness find her.