2 - "It's okay."

It had been a few weeks since Valentina had given Yelena her new target and today was the day she left to complete her new mission. Since she and the other widows -with help from Natasha- had freed the widows; Yelena had been a sort of hitwoman for Valentina, wiping out only the most dangerous and untouchable criminals.

"Are you sure you have to go on your own?" Alexei asked with concern.

"Yes, this is an assignment I have to complete on my own." Yelena answered as she was shoving her guns and some other gear into a black duffel bag that was placed on her bed.

"What even is this assignment? You've told us nothing about where you are going or what you are going to do." Melina's voice was laced with concern for her daughter as she leaned against the wall of Yelena's room.

"This is just something that I have to do on my own. Please understand." She gave her parents a pleading look.

Though they didn't want her to be on her own after what happened to Natasha, they knew that by the way she talked about this assignment that this was something she had to do for herself. Perhaps it was her way of keeping herself busy so the pain of Natasha's death would lessen.

Yelena gave her parents a small smile. A fake one. Melina took her hand and looked into her green eyes. "Alright, we understand. But please, just be careful... please." She begged.

"I promise."

Yelena turned toward Alexei and he gave her nod of understanding. She gave Melina's hand one last squeeze before heading to the front door and walking out to her car.

Once she got into the car she pulled up her phone and read the words on the screen.

Target Location: Missouri

---At the Barton residence---

It was a little past 6 o'clock in the morning, Clint was sitting on one of the sofas that he had in his living room, staring out of the window into the gloomy acres of green. A restful night of sleep these days were rare for him -the nightmares and the guilt of what he had done during the five years had finally caught up to him. His nightmares were filled with the faces of those whose blood was on his hands. One in particular came up the most: Natasha Romanoff. The feeling of his best friend's hand slipping through his fingers and the pained look in her eyes as she fell to her death haunted him.

-------------------------------------------------------

After Tony snapped his fingers and got rid of Thanos' entire army the first thing Clint wanted to do was get on the next jet he could and see his family after a long five years without them. So after everything had settled down he got onto the first available quinjet and flew to his farmhouse where he was met with hugs and kisses from his entire family.

"I've missed you guys so much." He said with a quiet voice in between sobs.

"We're here now." Laura assured him as they all walked back into the house.

The first few hours of their return was filled with Clint and Laura reorganizing their house and the kids playing with each other in Cooper's room. Sure, Clint had tried his best to keep his house in shape during the five years they were gone, but it had been so painful for him to be in his home without his family that he eventually just hired a housekeeper to take care of it for him. Although they did a good job at keeping the house clean they completely reorganized the area and put a lot of the family's stuff into boxes to make it easier to keep the house clean. So there they were, trying to put the house back to the way it was pre-blip.