17 - Too late

"You guys can't be serious! We can't just take one of them with us!" Tony droned on.

"Tony, would you shut up and just let us treat our wounds in peace." Natasha said calmly while dabbing some alcohol onto a cut on the side of her forearm; not flinching in the slightest.

"Oh please, you're not even bleeding." Bucky smiled as he stitched the giant cut along the back of his calf. She just gave him a playful and annoyed look.

They were all pretty beaten up from the battle at the Oscorp facility and tried to pass time during the two hour flight back to the tower by tending to their injuries, though Tony saw it as an opportunity to complain about Wanda being there.

"She's already here, Tony. What are we supposed to do? Throw her out the window?" Steve added.

"She can fly."

"So can you." Yelena sarcastically remarked, not looking up from where her fingers were carefully cleaning her wound.

They all smiled and chuckled at the joke; even though a few of them weren't completely onboard with Wanda being there, they all agreed that she could be useful to them one way or another. Tony was just the only one being unreasonable about it.

"Even if you don't think that she's being genuine about how sorry she is, you can't argue with the fact that she could be useful to us." Sam spoke up after getting tired of listening to his pointless yapping.

The group all silently nodded in agreement and Tony just grit his teeth and went with it. He couldn't argue with all of them even if he wanted to, he would just have to deal with the situation.

"I'll tell you everything..." Wanda announced from her spot next to Natasha, hoping it would get them to believe that she was being genuine.

They all looked over and listened to her as she began feeding them important information.

"I assume you guys know Harry and Hela." —they all nodded in confirmation— "That just leaves Magneto, Jean and Agatha. Agatha is another witch, she's been alive since the Salem Witch Trials. She's a powerful magic user and is hellbent on getting my powers for herself. Jean and Magneto, they're from another universe."

"Wait, as in the multiverse? Like from a different earth from ours?" Peter excitedly asked.

Wanda nodded, causing him to smile even wider.

"Cool!" They all turned to him and gave him an "are you serious" look which caused him to regain his composure and stop smiling (only on the outside, of course).

Wanda continued, "Anyways, Magneto was born with magnetic powers, he's from the same universe as Jean. He's hellbent on creating a world where superpowered beings are the majority. And Jean, she's a telepath with telekinesis and possesses the power of the Phoenix Force."

"I'm sorry, Phoenix Force?" Clint tried his best to sound professional.

"From what I know it's like a sort of cosmic entity that represents both creation and destruction. Apparently it's followed Jean around since she was a child because of her powers' potential. It slowly ate away at her, fighting for control of her mind until it won. Ever since then, the Phoenix Force has been in control, craving violence and destruction."

"How the hell did they even get here?" Bucky asked with utter confusion.

Wanda took a deep breath, hoping what she was about to say wouldn't get her kicked off the jet. "I brought them here."

Everyone but Natasha, Steve and Sam gave her either confused or disappointed looks.

"I didn't mean to. I just... lost control of my powers. And a portal to another world opened and Jean came through." Wanda explained, not wanting to mention her sons or their deaths for fear of judgment. Natasha gave her a reassuring look though.