4 - She was my friend

Yelena stood in front of Clint, her serious gaze burning his eyes. Before either one of them started moving forward, Yelena separated her staff into two electrified batons. Welp, I guess that confirms it. She's from the Red Room.

"You know I've only ever known one person to use batons like that." Clint took a step forward and gestured towards the batons and looked at the ground. "I'm sorry for killing whoever it was that meant so much to you, but killing me won't get rid of the pain... I would know."

"Revenge isn't meant to get rid of pain... it's meant to even the scales." Yelena deadpanned.

She started running towards him and Clint fired an arrow towards her shoulder, which she deflected with the batons. She got in close enough to him where she could aim a blow at his head with both the batons, but he blocked it right on time with his bow and pushed her backwards, off of him.

"Who did I kill that was so important to you?" His question was met with silence as she aimed a kick towards his side and fired a shot from her widow bites at him. He caught her leg but was stunned by the widow bite, she used the momentum to wrap her other leg around his torso and flip him to the ground while he was distracted by the electricity, his momentum forcing him to roll a few feet away from her. They both quickly got off the ground, Clint taking off the Widow bite and continued their fight, each one landing a significant amount of blows on the other.

Clint tried using his bow to hit Yelena in the head, but she redirected his swing and pinned his arm over his head. Clint, however, was able to regain the upper hand by twisting her hand around and using the momentum to throw her over his hip. He pinned her to the ground with his bow over her chest, her batons under the bow, preventing him from suffocating her.

They looked at each other for a second, each trying to think of their next move while simultaneously catching their breaths. That's when he saw it. During the fight a small silver chain Yelena had been wearing around her neck slipped out the neckline of her suit. The skinny chain joined at one point in the middle, it was a shape Clint recognized; a small, silver arrow.

"Wha-where-" He was taken aback and slightly lost his hold on her, which gave her the perfect opportunity to throw him off of her.

They both stood up and looked at each other. Clint was still confused about what he had seen. Normally, he wouldn't think much about a piece of jewelry, but this one, it was Natasha's necklace, he was sure of it. He had given that necklace to her as a joke one time, but she rarely took it off. It had a distinct chip on it, near the tip of the arrow, there was no doubt it was hers.

"That necklace. It's not yours, where did you get it?" His voice was laced in confusion and anger. Did she take it from Nat? Have they crossed paths before?

"My name is Yelena Belova. My sister, Natasha Romanoff, gave it to me... you killed her." Her voice was laced with pure hatred and her green irises burned with rage.

"Wha-but how..." Clint's muscles tensed up and everything besides for Yelena seemed to be blurry. He repeatedly took small gasps of air, trying to process everything she had told him. "But Nat didn't have any family before SHIELD."

This statement only made Yelena angrier as she lunged towards Clint again, this time trying to electrocute him with the batons. He dodged all of her attacks but refused to fight back. If she really was Natasha's sister, he wouldn't hurt her.

"Wait! Please... I didn't kill her. She was my best friend!" He shouted with desperation in his voice as he kept dodging her attacks, but Yelena refused to listen to him. She rejoined her batons into a staff in one hand and took out a knife to begin trying to slash Clint. Eventually she had him overpowered as she pelted him with punches and kicks.