Wake up

"THEO!" Liam screamed, running to follow Melissa and the other doctor.

"Liam, wait!" Mason called after Liam but Liam didn't turn around. The only thing that matters right now is getting to Theo.

Liam caught up with Melissa and the other doctor but another doctor came out of nowhere, blocking Liam from the door. "Young man, you can't go in there, but you can wait outside the door."

Liam could hear doctors and nurses speaking indistinctly. He heard at least five heartbeats from the room and only one stood out. Theo's. His heartbeat was getting slower by the second and he was breathing very shallow.

"Get out of my way. I need to be in there right now," Liam growled.

"I'm afraid the patient can't take visitors right now," the doctor didn't back down.

"MOVE!" Liam yelled flashing his eyes.

The doctor moved aside, afraid Liam would rip him apart.

Liam's claws retracted and his eyes returned to his original pale blue. Liam ripped the door open to see doctors surrounding Theo. Liam ran to the end of Theo's bed. "Theo! Theo? Can you here me?" Liam spoke loudly, tears falling from his eyes at the sight of Theo.

He could see tubes and wires connected to Theo's hands and arms. He had a cast wrapped around his calf and the bandage on his left forearm had blood seeping through. His face was bruised and covered in small, red cuts, and his gown was opened enough for Liam to see bandages covering deep wounds on his chest. Liam could see stitches on his neck and collarbone. His hair was a tangled mess due to the bandage wrapped around his forehead and he had tubes in his nose to help him breathe.

Before someone could get Liam out of the room and away from Theo, they all looked at the heart rate monitor connected to Theo.

It had returned back to normal. His heart rate was steady.

"Theo?" Melissa asked in confusion but Theo didn't wake up.

"Theo?" another one of the doctors asked trying to get Theo to wake.

Theo laid still, his eyes remained shut and his face was lax, but he looked so pale, almost as if he were dead.

Liam pushed passed the doctors, who all stood in shock. "Please wake up," Liam pleaded grabbing Theo's hand and squeezing it tightly.

Theo's eyes sprang open at Liam's touch. He felt Liam's hand in his and squeezed back with the little strength he had.

"Theo?" Liam whispered desperately, sitting on the bed.

Theo looked in the direction of the voice and saw Liam with tears coming down his face.

"Hey Liam," Theo said in a raspy voice. He slowly sat up to see Liam better.

"Theo," Liam grabbed Theo's shoulders and hugged him tight, "I thought you were dead."

"I'm not. I'm right here," Theo hugged Liam back, ignoring the pain flowing through his body and the doctors staring at them.

Theo feels Liam's body shaking from crying and hugs him tighter.

"I love you so much, Theo. More than anything," Liam blubbered.

"I love you too, Liam. So, so much," Theo said, a tear escaping his eye.

Liam feels Theo crying too so he pulls away and gently puts his hands on Theo's neck. Theo automatically puts his hands on Liam face.

"Thank you for saving me. I felt you here and it brought me back," Theo said then pressed his lips against Liam's. Liam kissed back but had to pull away due to the sobs escaping his mouth.

Theo wiped away Liam's tears with his thumbs. "Don't cry bub. I'm alive. It's ok."

"Wha— What do you mean I- I brought you back?" Liam stuttered.

"I felt you come in here and I felt you hold my hand and I woke up," Theo explained.

"Like an anchor," Melissa noted, forgetting about the other doctors in the room who had no idea what she was talking about. "Since you are anchors, you're presence was enough to wake Theo up."

Liam smiled, "I'm so glad you're alive. I don't know what I would do without you."

"I wouldn't leave you," Theo smiled through his tears.

Liam took a deep breath, trying to pull himself together so he could support Theo. Liam leaned in to kiss Theo again, this time it was slow and passionate.

"You're probably going to have to stay here for at least a few nights," Liam said pulling away.

Liam could see Theo's shoulders tighten. He knew Theo had severe PTSD from killing his sister and being trapped in hell, so being at the hospital is a trigger for him.

Liam rubbed Theo's hand, "Don't worry, I'll stay with you. I'm not going to leave."

Theo didn't reply, he just pulled Liam back into him, resting his head on his shoulder. Liam looked up when he saw sudden movement from the corner of his eye. He noticed all the doctors left the room except for Melissa. He watched as Melissa put something in Theo's iv.

"I'm giving him morphine for the pain. His sedative should kick in any minute now," Melissa met Liam's gaze. "He'll also have to stay for the next 3-4 days. His vitals are risky and since it's a miracle he's alive right now, I'll have to run extra tests. Liam I know you wanted to see Theo, but you can't do that. He was in critical condition and you could've messed something up."

Liam felt a pang of guilt. "I'm sorry."

Melissa gave a forgiving smile. "He'll be some pain for a while, so be careful with him. I'll come back in to check on him but everything's looking good now."

Liam nodded and she left the room, leaving the two alone. Liam and Theo just stayed in each other's embrace. Liam rubbed Theo's back, taking his pain. Liam felt Theo slightly leaning on him and his breaths become more even. He was falling asleep. Liam pulled Theo down carefully onto the pillow and draped the sheets over him to keep him warm. Liam laid down beside him, placing a kiss on his head right below his bandage."Get some sleep, bub."

"Don't go, Liam," Theo murmured, half asleep.

"I won't, I won't," Liam stroked Theo's hair gently.
Liam then curled into Theo's side, just listening to him breathe. Happy that he still could.