Rest

Liam soon got tired of playing with Theo's hair, so he turned on the tv. He was flipping through the channels when a soft knock came to the door.

In walked Scott, carrying two bags, Liam was guessing their clothes were in there. Following him through the door was Mason, Corey, Lydia, Malia, and Stiles.

"Hey guys, how are you doing?" Scott asked setting the bags down.

"Ok I guess," Liam answered.

"Theo, how are you feeling?" Scott looked at his still body.

"Oh he's asleep," Liam told him.

"Oh."

"We brought you guys breakfast," Lydia smiled setting a brown bag and two drinks on the bedside table.

"Thanks, what is it?"

"Everything bagels, smoothies, and fruit cups from Panera."

Liam smiled brightly, "Thanks Lydia."

"Yeah." Lydia returned the smile.

"So my mom told us he's in a lot of pain..." Scott trailed off.

"Yeah he is. The morphine is helping but it's not enough. I've been taking his pain but the there's only so much I can take," Liam explained.

"Is there anything we can do?" Mason asked.

"I don't think so, except for bringing us food," Liam said with a small laugh.

Corey smiled, "Mason and I will be back to bring you guys lunch and Scott and Lydia will bring you dinner.

"Thanks."

"When Theo wakes up, we need to tell you something," Scott said.

"Uh ok," Liam said wondering what he had to say.

Liam moved back to flipping through the channels. "You guys know what shows come on now?"

Liam looked away from the tv and saw the pack staring at him.

"What?" Liam stared right back.

"Liam, how are you doing?" Stiles asked softly.

"Me? I'm doing good. I mean Theo is alive, that's all that matters."

"Yeah just make sure you're taking care of yourself," Stiles said.

"Thanks and I'm sorry for lashing out at you yesterday, it wasn't your fault what happened."

"I understand why you reacted the way you did, but thanks."

Liam and the rest of the pack chatted for a while, sharing ridiculous stories to keep Liam company while Theo slept.

Malia said something which made the whole pack laugh loudly, which caused Theo to stir.

Theo inhaled deeply and groaned.

Everyone fell silent.

Liam turned his full attention to his boyfriend. "Theo, what's wrong?"

"My head," Theo whimpered, looking up at Liam. "Liam, please."

Liam quickly put his hand on Theo's forehead, gasping when he took his pain. After several seconds, there was too much pain so Liam pulled his hand away.

Liam felt like he took a lot of his pain but Theo pressed his body close to Liam's, digging his head into his chest, groaning again.

"Liam," Theo groaned out.

"Yeah?" Liam asked softly.

"It hu-hurts really b-bad."

"I know. I know," Liam soothed, putting a hand to his back and the other to the side of his head, taking as much pain as he could manage.

The pack watched as their former enemy suffered in pain. But their relationship to Theo wasn't just that he was their old enemy, but the packs' beta's boyfriend, who he loved, who was also his anchor. They knew how inseparable the two were. They knew that if something happened to Theo, Liam would lose his mind, same with if something happened to Liam.

"Should we be getting Melissa?" Lydia spoke up.

"Uh yeah," Liam looked up from Theo and saw the pack watching with a look in their eyes. It almost looked like sympathy.

"What can we do to help?" Scott asked moving forward.

"I don't know. There's just too much pain for me to take," Liam said, basically implying Scott should help take him pain.

Scott got the hint and stepped forward, touching Theo's back shoulder to take away his pain.

Theo let out a loud sigh when more of his pain was taken.

"Scott?" Theo asked.

"Yeah, the whole pack is here."

"I thought I heard you," Theo mumbled.

"Are you ok now?" Scott looked at his face, still buried in Liam's chest.

"It's better, but it still hurts. Thanks."

"Yeah." Scott nodded.

"What's wrong?" Melissa entered the room, walking to Theo's bedside.

"His head, there's too much pain. Scott and I were just taking it, but I don't know how much longer we can," Liam looked at Melissa with a worried look.

"Ok, I'll give him a higher dosage of his pain reliever and he should be fine."

Melissa hooked some stuff up to his iv and put the morphine in.

"Make sure he doesn't move around, and make sure he sleeps," she instructed.

"Ok, thank you," Liam said.

"Liam?" Theo whispered.

"It's ok. The pain will stop in a little bit, for now just rest," Liam reassured.

"What's happening to me?" Theo asked. Liam could hear the fear in his voice.

"Don't worry, you'll be ok. Just please, get some rest."

"Liam, tell me."

Liam held Theo closer to him and whispered, "Please Theo, you need rest. Just sleep ok?"

Theo was too weak to argue so he slowly fell asleep in Liam's arms, still worrying that he was getting closer to death.