Chapter 5

Once I get to school I get out of the car, trying to stand up without feeling dizzy.

Luke must have noticed.
HE IS ALWAYS SO CAREFUL!

Luckily he didn't say anything and kept walking towards the entrance, but I needed to say something ...

"Luke" I say a little louder so he can hear me.

He turns to me waiting for me to continue talking

"Um ... thanks ... for the ride" I say a little uncertain.

I see a small dimple appear on his right cheek.

Was it a smile?

"No problem" and with that, he kept walking towards the entrance.

Once I get out of my trans state, I go to class.
My stomach rumbled and I felt hot.

Oh God, this is going to be a long day.

Time passes and it is finally time for lunch.

I go to the canteen to finally eat something, I was starving.
However, I had to make sure I didn't overeat, 3 days and they will check my weight again.

Fantastic.
Just to make my self-esteem even smaller.

I got a chicken sandwich and a granola bar.
I need some nutrients and that's what I'm going to get.

I head to the table where Alayna is waiting for me.

We start eating and talking about gossip and things like that.

I'm not the type who likes to gossip or talk about fashion, but the kind of girl I've built is, so I guess I'll have to make do.

Once we finish eating we head to our next lesson but we weren't alone ....?

"Look who's here" grins Luke.

What the heck?

"May I know what the heck is going on? You and your friends shouldn't be in our class, aren't you about to graduate?" I ask.

"I didn't come because I wanted to, your journalism teacher is the same as mine and I think she has some kind of crazy idea" he says before continuing to talk "You know I'm just here to get my diploma? You know, I'm so smart that I started already the courses at the university, like 2 years ago "

I was actually shocked. But I needed to focus, so I rolled my eyes.

"Really? Then why are you still so stupid?" I tease him.

"You don't even know who you're playing with" he smiles smugly.

I hate it.

"Good morning class" Miss Cotton says aloud as she enters in the classroom

"Today is a special day.
You will be assigned to a older partner, maybe more, to create this project.
The project is about the things people don't see, things that people don't care enough about, but I want you to know each other first!
I want you to be able to learn from each other.
So, for you senior, you will need to know at least 10 things about your partner and write an article. I want something spicy, not the things that everyone knows, are we clear?
Junior come and pick a name from this hat, he or she will be your partner. Good luck".

My eyes were wide open.

I have NO time to sleep and now I have to be with someone I don't even know to let them know about me? No thanks.

I didn't realize it was my time to get the card out of the hat.

Please send help.

I pick that damn name with all the confidence I could have, but once I read the name I must have turned paler than a ghost.

"Luke is all yours" Miss Cotton tells him

"You are lucky girl, he's a good one" then she tells me.

Lucky? LUCKY?

I was staring at the wall in front of me until I felt a presence behind me.

I just turned to look at his amused face.

"What? Aren't you happy to have me?" he says pretending offended.

I roll my eyes.
"I can't do this, I'm busy, find a new partner" I say trying to sneak out of this huge mess.

"I need a good grade, so you're doing it," he says as if to force me to do something.

Who does he think he is?

"Ahaha, do you think you can give me orders? You're just deluded. Besides, you didn't just say you're already at university, why do you care about a stupid grade?!? " I say annoyed.

"Some people want to keep their school grades high, you know, I don't expect you to understand" he says.

This pissed me off.
I'm a fucking genius.
And nobody knows that.
But someday, everyone will know what I'm capable of.

I was about to leave when he grabs my wrist earning a groan from me that makes him immediately release my hand.

"Are you ok?" his tone was worried, just like his face.

"I'm always fine, didn't you know that Mr. I know everything?" I say annoyed, I just want to go home.

Oh God, I didn't think I'd ever say that.

He rolls his eyes, but this time he didn't seem in a playful mood.

"You're holding your wrist," he says.

I didn't notice that I was actually holding my sore wrist with my good hand.
Fuck.

"Let me take a look" he says and I look at him like he's crazy.

"Don't even try to take a step closer to me" I warn him.

He gives me a confused look at a worried face.

"I can tell you are in pain, please let me help you"

I send him a confused face.

"I have to go" I say trying to get out of this situation.

"And where? To shopping? " he says to me and I raised an eyebrow to him saying "None of your business"

"Just, come with me okay? 5 minutes maximum"

And with this, I gave in.

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞
Let me know how this story is so far! Hope you like it♡︎