Chapter 20

I walked back out, my heart dejected, a feeling of sadness which I couldn't shake off. I really believed that he would have had the slightest feeling of remorse that I was leaving, but he just didn't care. As usual.

If he didn't care when you almost died, how do you expect him to care when you're just moving country? That was a permanent move, this can be rectified at any moment, then how could he have even shown the slightest interest in this?

I resumed my previous position on the sofa, with Rocky and Jess.

"What happened in there?" Jess asked.

I sighed heavily, anticipating the I told you so.

"He didn't give a shit."

"So you're moving back with me?"

"I guess I am."

At this point Rydel walked in, hearing our conversation.

"You're leaving?!"

"Rydel, no, listen."

"You can't just leave me! I thought I was your best friend, your sister. I've been here for you since the beginning, since Ross started hating you! She," pointing to Jess, "left you, and never got in touch, and now you're just moving back with her?"

"It wasn't like that!"

"Then what was it like?"

"She tried to call me, to try and keep in touch. But I kept rejecting her calls. Eventually I just blocked her, because I didn't want her to come back, and go through the same thing, and see what I was going through."

"And I never had the money to come back and visit. I've only come now because you guys have paid for most of the ticket."

"Hang on," Riker interrupted. "What do you mean, see what you were going through? He just hates you."

Just as I was about to speak up, Ross walked in. He flashed me a warning glance, before sitting down.

"First of all, how stupid are you? I wouldn't do anything to Jess, because she hasn't done anything to me. Fucking hell, the three of us used to be best friends, I wouldn't hurt her!"

"So you hurt Alyssa?" Jess asked, smirking.

"What? No, I... uh... it's not," he fumbled with his words.

"Ross, what?" Rocky asked, incredulously.

"What do you do to her?" Riker asked, his voice full of steel.

"I don't do anything!" he lied.

"Don't start lying. Tell them what you really do, how much you hurt Alyssa every day," Jess said.

"Alyssa, explain. What does he do?"

I looked over at Ross, who was shaking his head, his fists clenched. I swallowed, reminding myself that he can't hurt me, I'm moving anyway, Jess is staying with me, and his siblings are in the room, but for some reason, I still can't bring myself to explain what he does.

"He... he doesn't do anything. He doesn't hurt me."

"Why are you lying as well? Tell them! Tell them what he does to you, how long this has been going on now," Jess almost screamed.

"Alyssa, we won't let him hurt you. Tell us the truth," Riker said gently.

I shook my head.

"Trust me. He doesn't do anything to me. What Jess meant is he's always insulting me, so hurting me emotionally. He doesn't do anything physically," I lied again.

They all looked at me disbelieving me, but to my luck, they dropped it. But I knew they would be quizzing him later.

"So Alyssa, you still haven't explained why you're moving," Rydel said, folding her arms.

"I just want to get away from all of this. Ross hates me anyway, and I can't take it anymore. I might as well just move away from all of you guys, let you live in peace. At least that way, you might get the old Ross back, the one who didn't lock himself in his room most of the day."

"I'm still in the room," he spoke up.

"I'm doing his for you, could you at least not insult me now?"

He scoffed, before going silent again.

"Guys, please don't try to change my mind. I spoke to my parents before we came here, they're fine with me moving, they trust Jess, besides, I'm going to come back whenever they do to meet them, so I can come and see you guys then. That was part of the deal."

They all stayed silent, before Rydel spoke up.

"When are you going?"

"In one week."

"So soon?"

"I just want to leave now."

"I'm going to miss you."

"I'll miss you too," I said, before going over to her and hugging her.

Soon Rocky, Riker and Jess joined in, all of us holding each other.

...

One week later

I've packed all my things and I'm ready to go. I'm waiting for the Lynch's to come and say goodbye to me. I've spent most of my week with them, knowing I won't see them for a while. Slowly, one by one, they all came out to meet me. Rydel came and hugged me first, her mascara already running due to the tears falling down her face.

"Delly, don't cry. If you cr...y I'm going to cry," I said, my voice cracking as I said it.

I held on to her, both of us silently crying. We let go of each other, and in turn, I said goodbye to all of them. All but Ross.

"Where's Ross?" I asked.

They all glanced at each other.

"He's inside. He said he... he didn't want to come and say goodbye to you," Ryland said.

I nodded, upset, but not expecting anything different. We finished packing our suitcases in the back of the car, and slammed the boot.

"I'm really going to miss all of you," I said tearfully.

"We'll miss you too. But you're gonna be back soon," Ryland said.

"I'm just going to go, before I start crying even harder," I said, opening the door.

Jess got in and I started to climb in after her, when I heard something behind me.

"Ali, wait!"

So I wrote the majority of this in the morning, when I was feeling really down, and I've started to self harm again and I'm just going down a toxic road and it's all just ugh.

But on a more positive note (is there one after that?) you guys are going to like the next chapter bc there may or may not be fluff in it.

QOTD: Do you guys like FOB?

AOTD: Yes, all thanks to iwantachurror5 and babyshoreo_

Vote and comment!