Prologue: How They Met

2002
A flower shop
(Y/N) POV

Shopkeeper:*smile* Hey, (Y/N)-kun.

Me:*wave* Hey.

Shopkeeper: You come to buy flowers for your grandfather like always?

Me: Yeah.

I said while checking out some flowers.

Shopkeeper: So Chrysanthemum like always?

Me: Yeah, I'll go with that.

My name is (Y/N) Haruka. For as long as I can remember, I've been lived with my grandpa.

Grandpa is a strict man and because of that personality of him, he send me to a dojo when I was still six. Of course I still love him since he's the person that raised me.

But four months ago, grandpa has been hospitalized and I live alone since then. I visit him every week with a bouquet of Chrysanthemum flowers as a gift.

Shopkeeper: (Y/N), it's not that I want to interfere your personal business... But don't you think giving your grandpa Chrysanthemum when you visit him is kinda... Inappropriate?

I'm not gonna say what she said is wrong. Chrysanthemum symbolizes death after all.

Me: If I bring flowers that symbolizes happiness, wouldn't it'll be inappropriate if my grandpa dies the same day I bring the flowers?

Shopkeeper: Well, I won't argue with you. Here, your flowers.

She hands me a bouquet of flowers. I take it and give her the payment.

Me: Keep the changes.

Shopkeeper: Thank you.

Timeskip
Hospital
Grandpa's Treatment Room
(Y/N) POV

Grandpa: How many times should I tell you to not come here? You have training don't you?

Me: It's ended hours ago.

I said and put the flower bouquet on a table beside Grandpa's bed.

Grandpa:*look at the flowers* You really pray for me to die, huh?

Me: I wish I could have the courage to do that.

I sit beside the bed.

Grandpa: How you come here, huh?

Me: With your AJS 18.

Grandpa: I told you to not touch it unless I die, right?

Me: It come from London and it's really expensive. Leaving it in the garage will be a waste.

Grandpa: Hmph.

He turn his body to the right and his back is facing me.

Me: Hey, gramps.

Grandpa: What?

Me: Why you being so strict to me?