Founding Members

A Day Later
After school
My bakery
(Y/N) POV

Me: Okay, so who want to explain what's up with this kid?

I asked while looking at a little girl who is playing with one of my coworkers.

One of my workers named "Rin" spoke.

Rin: Well, there was a woman that came earlier with this child. But before we know it, the woman left this child here.

Me: Why don't you guys just send this child to police?

Rin: Well, the woman also left a message. And we think you really need to read it.

She said and gave me folded paper.

I unfolded it and read the content.

"(Y/N), I really hope I can meet you in person, but I have plane to catch. The little girl is your little sister. Her name is "Hotaru". Please take care of her.

From: Mom."

I turned the paper into a ball and threw it away.

Me:*sighs* Damn you, mom. We never met before and suddenly you asked me to take care of a girl.

I walked closer to the girl and got down onto her level.

Me: Hey, what's your full name?

The girl looked at me nervously.

Hotaru: H-Hotaru H-Haruka. 

Me*thought*: Even she admitted that she's Haruka.

I sighed again.

Me: Hotaru-chan, you'll be under my care from now on until your mom come back.

Me*thought*: I doubt she'll come back.

Hotaru: Wh-Where is mom?

Me: I hope I can answer that question.

I then looked at another coworker named "Sara".

Me: Sara-san, can I ask you for a favor?

Sara: What is it?

Me: I don't care when, but can you bring me and Hotaru to hospital for DNA test? I just want to make sure whether this girl is my little sister or not.