BEST MAN

PART II

JIMIN

Jeongyeon is looking so radiant with her white gown on and her perfect smile. She's walking down the aisle and my friend, Jin, is tearing up as soon as she entered the hall. It finally sinked in to me that this is really happening and I can't do anything about it but just to be happy for them. The memory of the first time I met her then flashed on my mind... I was with my mother and I saw her walking happily on her way to the school building. We were seven years old, so young and naive and look at us now... matured and grown up. I never imagined that I'll be seeing her like this. I am in pain but I'm trying my best to hide it with my smile but as soon as they said their I do's, my tears fell. I would never have her. Though I have so many questions that I want to ask her, I didn't bother since she won't talk to me. The important thing is that she's happy and I should be happy with my own too. One last cry and I'll be okay... I guess I need to go back to California and heal.

||| One Last Cry • Brian McKnight |||

JEONGYEON

"Is it alright to fall in love with your best friend?" I've always asked that to myself as I fell in love with the man whose name is Jimin Park, my best friend.

We were enemies turned into best friends and I was always happy with him. I treasure him so much that ignored my suitors just to give him a hint that he's the man that I want. But I guess, he just wanted me as a friend as he kept shutting up our friends who teased us that we are a perfect match. I badly want us to be on that level of being more than just best friends but he left me without any notice. I was so mad at him especially when his Appa told me that he's going to permanently live in California. He never told me that. I cut all our connections as I don't want to hurt myself anymore from thinking about him. I focused on my studies until five years has passed and I've seen him again. Too bad, I am committed to a man I said yes to marry with. I wanted to confront Jimin but what's the point? I was already in love with another person, was I really in love with Jin? When I saw that f*cking Park, he made me doubt my feelings towards my fiancé. I was not really angry anymore at him but I needed to act that way to prevent myself from running away from my marriage. I didn't know that Jin and Jimin are friends and even if I don't want to, my former best friend became his best man. The next day after our first glimpse of each other after five long years, I went to the mountain where we hiked before. I don't know but I just went there alone and dug the ground where we buried our letters for each other. My letter is quite a long one confessing my true feelings towards him.