BEST MAN

PART III

JIMIN

I left again entrusting the hotel to my younger sister, Jihyo. I went back to California to move on and there I met Mina Myoui. I was watching Hamilton play when my sight caught her face. She's pretty, calm, timid, graceful and coincidentally, she loves ballet too. She knows my story and with her I found a friend who I can rely on to. I am working as a manager of a five star hotel. She was a dance teacher and on our day offs, we see each other. Slowly, we fell for each other. She's my first official girlfriend and I am happy that finally I found the one who I want to marry.

Mina's parents are currently in Jeju and I want to ask for their permission first so I flew back.
After two years, I am here again and it's unbelievable but I heard Jin and Jeongyeon separated already. "Why? What happened?"

My question then was answered when Jeongyeon and I accidentally met. I arrived in Jeju when I heard a very familiar voice calling my name. It's her, my first love, my best friend. She talked about her failed relationship and I admit, I wanted to punch Jin for what he did. Jeongyeon doesn't deserve to be cheated on. I clenched my fists in anger and regret.

"I shouldn't have entrusted you to him," I said controlling my emotions.

She held my hand, "I've forgiven him already. Maybe, I am just lacking that's why he searched for another. I tried to be happy with Jin but I was stuck with my first love. Maybe he felt that I was not completely with him because I admit, every now and then, I still think about you..."

"Huh? Are you saying that I was your first love?" My heart, it's beating so fast.

She nodded with a smile. "I've read your letter Jimin after the day I saw you when Jin asked you to be his best man," she confessed and I was surprised. So she knew about my unrequited love.

"I admit, I wanted to ditch my wedding and run away with you."

Aigoo, why did I not know about this before? Why is she telling me this just now?

"Were you really happy that day I got married?" she asked.

"I wasn't happy Jeongyeon. I was hurt when you got married. Seeing you walk down the aisle to the man I thought who deserves you, pained me but I forced myself not to show it to you 'cause I didn't have the right to feel that. If I only knew about your feelings, I could've done something. Your letter told me to f*ck me so..."

"My fault, I changed my letter."

"Waeyo?"

"'Cause that time, I was so annoyed about you not telling me your true feelings while we were still studying together. I was so in love with you yet you didn't make a move."

"I didn't know that you loved me."

"Why didn't you try?"

"'Cause I am a coward. You know that."