Chapter 5

Holding the fluff ball away from her, Emma ignored the older boy behind her and gave the animal a puffed-up frown. Said animal stared up at the children innocently and continued to munch on the lettuce in it's mouth.

"I was wondering why some of the stuff were missing..." Giving the animal a scolding look, Emma continued . "You were probably the one eating most of the tomatoes!" 

Due to the sudden boom in the garden, the place had started to attract some unwanted attention from what wildlife was left in the area but she couldn't blame them however because food was starting to come rather scarce. Already the orphanages rations were cut and she didn't want to think how things would have turned out without the garden. 

Feeling movement, the girl glanced down and watched as the rabbit sneezed.

OH GOD NO!

The brunet next to her began to pet the brown rabbit and Emma hurriedly pulled the animal away, "Billy we can't, Mrs.Cole said no pets!"

The boy named Billy Stubbs glared. 

Emma believed that he was only a few years older than her, by how much she had no idea but besides that he apparently into a skirmish with someone a few days ago and was given the punishment of gardening duty (she took great offense to this.) Not to mention he was one of the few kids with either the balls or idiocy to fuck with Riddle who she later found out was a closet psychopath. Also pick on the other children, herself included. 

Reasons? Apparently in his early childhood an event happened in which he had lost all faith in humanity.

Turning away from the boy, Emma was met with big black eyes and a cute button nose and it was at that her resolve crumbled to dust.

She slumped and handed Billy the brown rabbit, who in turn wasted no time in cuddling it.

The small animal shall be named Elizabeth the 3rd, in honor of her favorite Otome game that she'll probably never see again.

The two were only able to hide Elizabeth the 3rd for about a week before Mrs.Cole found the rabbit in her office. After some negotiations they were able to keep the her on the condition that Billy would pull his own weight (Emma was already doing that so she was given a pass) and  Elizabeth was fed the kitchen scraps.

Billy, as thanks decided to not pick on her as much.

That was probably the best she was going to get.