Chapter 7

Flinching at the brightness of the sun, Emma couldn't help but admire the waves of the ocean peacefully glide across the sand and would have gladly continued to do so if not for her current problem.

Sand to the eyes are the absolute worse, Fucking hell.

Amy, either not noticing or caring the pain her roommate was in tugged onto Dennis arm and excitedly gestured towards a rock formation in the distance.

Which now brings us to Emma's current issue.

"Aww come on, pleasesss?"

"No."

The blond, not taking no for an answer continue to bother her and after about 10 minutes of non-stop begging, Emma contemplated how morally wrong it would be to smack this child.

Occasionally, when the orphanage had enough money to spare, the caretakers would plan a special trip for the children under their care. Seeing how the beach was free to the public, it was an obvious choice with the weather for once being bright and sunny. It didn't help that all they would need to pay for would be transportation. Sometimes being cheap was an absolute win.

After listening to Mrs.Cole explaining the rules, all of the children made a break for the waters however before she could, Emma had an arm thrown over her shoulder and suddenly found herself dragged off by her roommate with bucket and shovel in hand.

Apparently Dennis talked Amy into treasure hunting.

Goodie.

It was by mid-day and all they've found so far was an old boot, a rusted fork and Emma's personal favorite, one pissed off Crab that currently refused to let go of her throbing finger.

She'll enjoy having some seafood later.

By the time she finished having negotiations with the crustacean, she caught sight of Amy running into the rock formation from before with a worried Dennis following behind and upon closer inspection found it to actrally be a cave. 

...They'll be fine. 

Emma took one step to the direction of the bus when she suddenly felt her sins crawling up her back.

She was going to take a page out of Billy's book and beat the hell out of Amy when she got her hands on her.

The girl was out of breath by the time she reached the cave and taking one step in felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand on end. She didn't have time to think about it when the sound of voices caught her attention and not far off in the dim lighting spotted the two children she was looking for along with one more familiar face.

"..What are you guys doing?"

The three looked up, two in alarm and one in disinterest. 

Amy and Dennis was a little away from Tom who was the closest one to the small pool in the center of the cavern and the more Emma approached, the more the feeling of dread became. 

Something wasn't right about this place.

"Guys..." Her voice trembled, "We need to leave, now."

Amy opened her mouth to argue but was immediately shushed when she and Dennis was shoved away from the pool and to Tom's surpise, he was abruptly grabbed by his arm as Emma tried to get him as far away from the water as possible.

However the moment a step was taken, a splash and the scraping of gravel was heard. Because of the sudden stiffness in Tom's grip, Emma slowly turned only to see the reason why everyone needed to leave so badly.

What appeared to be a rotten corpse was half dragging its self out of the water, its decaying flesh rippling a the seams as it stared right back at the four children before it, or more importantly the closest one.

Emma had no idea what happened next, other than suddenly getting dragged under water with her last vision being Tom crashing into Amy and Dennis.