Chapter 14

Holding onto Elizabeth the 3rd, Emma stared down at the teen before her. Billy had come a long way from being a scrawny, annoying little slacker to a halfway decent one who often gets triggered just by the sight of a certain someone. Not gonna lie, with a face like his and at the rate he’s growing she honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he grew into a little heartbreaker by adulthood.

The girl hummed, stroking the little fuzz ball in hand she weighed her options.

[ ]Violence is no longer needed, a gentle call would do.

[ ]Remember all of the BS he had put you through, violence is always the answer.

[ ]Violence is no longer needed, a gentle call would do.

[X]Remember all of the BS he had put you through; violence is always the answer.

SMACK!

“FUCK-!”

“Dinners ready,” was all Emma said as she quickly made her escape. The raging teen was about to beat the ever-loving shit out of the one who threw Elizabeth the 3rd into his face only to be distracted when said rabbit began peppering his face with little kisses.

In this world there is no such thing as mercy.

After telling many of the children she ran into that dinner was ready, Emma finally reached Tom’s door and was about to knock when that same feeling from before came back. Her thoughts drifted to the mysterious visitor and she couldn’t help but think about the vibe the man gave off being so similar to her dark-haired friend. For a while now she’s always known that her friend was different compared to herself and the other children. It wasn’t just the things that he was able to do over the years, but much more than that and if there was someone like him…

She shook her head. I’m probably just over thinking it.

The girl opened the door.

_

______

The moment Mrs.Cole opened the door; Tom immediately knew something was off.

“Tom? You’ve got a visitor. This is Mr.Dumberton… sorry, Dumbledore,” She corrected herself,  hiccupping and the barely noticeable unsteadiness of her feet confirmed his suspicions it.

Mrs.Cole was drunk. Again.

After bidding the two a farewell, the Matron left. Leaving the two to study the other.

To Mr.Dumbledore, the room was bare with very few feelings too it except a worn wardrobe, table, chair, and a rusted bed frame an a thin mattress and grey blankets. Young Tom Marvolo Riddle held no physical traces of his family on his mothers side, that of his father’s dominating his features and even while only 11 he was tall for his age.

Dark haired and pale skinned, his mother had gotten her wish of her son being the spitting image of his father.

The child sat in his seat as his dark eyes narrowed, his book forgotten as he studded his first ever visitor and the first thing that popped into his mind was…

Is this man color blind?

Besides being a literal eye sore, Tom felt that this man was different compared to the “doctors” and that one priest that would visit when he was much younger. Unsurprisingly he decided that he was not to be trusted.

“How do you do, Tom?” Dumbledore greeted from his new seating on the old bed, he held his hand out in a sign of good faith.

Tom ignored it. Staring him dead in the eye he asked, “What do you want?”

Dumbledor couldn’t tell if this was the famous Gaunt greeting or if its just the child’s personality. Considering that he had met/seen both the child’s grandfather and uncle before he went on a limb with the former.

He decided to cut the dialog he would normally present the Muggle-borns and cut to the chase.

“I am Professor Albus Dumbledore and I work for a school called Hogwarts. I have come with an offer for a place at my school if you would like.” Dumbledor said kindly.

Toms reaction was instant.

LIES! You’re a doctor from the asylum aren’t you, Professor?” Tom scoffs, “Well I’m not going you see. If anything, it’s that Priest from the next town over who should be in one.” Dumbledore for some reason knew which Priest the boy was talking about.

“I’m not from the asylum, if you’ll sit down calmly I shall both explain and show you why.” He slowly brought out his wand. “Of Couse the choice to attend or not is all up to you.”

Tom eyed the stick wearily.

“Hogwarts is a school for those with special abilities-“ “I’M NOT MAD!”

“-who are able to use their own magic like you.” There was silence as the child took in the information.

“Prove it.” Dumbledore gave him a look of questioning.

“If its magic what I can do, and that there’s others like me…then prove it.” Tom stared at the man intently, “what is it that you can do?”

With a casual flick of his wrist the Wizard set the wardrobe on fire.

Tom jumped back in shock and screamed in rage and was about to round on the man when it was at that exact moment that the door opened.

_

_____

Stiffly holding onto the door handle, Emma stared in silence as the two other occupants in the room returned the gesture. The visitor flicked his wand, the flames immediately went out and after that there was only silence.

Without saying a single word, she slowly backed out of the room and closed it with a soft click. From behind the door the two still inside faintly heard the girl say that it was dinner time as if it would erase what had just happened.

It didn’t.