Chapter 11

Holding Elizabeth the 3rd, Emma sat in silence.

It's been a while since holding Tom at rock pillow point, since then things were said and explained. She let the boy talk without interruption to simply listen to his side of the story.

Obviously anyone targeting Tom Marvolo Riddle was bound to get messed up one way or another. Half of the time it's the other party's fault in this strange game of chicken and the other is the dark haired child's need to assert his dominance against the simple minded sheep.

His words not hers.

Staring blankly at her, Tom waited for her reaction.

"Sorry that you have to go through all that but..." Pinching both sides of his cheeks, Emma tugged on them while giving him a tight smile. "What you were about to do was a bit much, wasn't it?"

Tom felt the begining of a dull ache on his face and thinking back he honestly wasn't expecting anything else. Eying the pillow to her side and her hands on his face, he made a mental note to both hide the cushion and to give space between them inorder to protect his face from further harm in the future. Emma felt the movements of a fussy rabbit and watched as Elizabeth the 3rd hopped out of her lap and onto the wooden floor.

The Rabbit gave the two children the side eye from being moved around too much and immediately hopped out of the room. Probrably to look for her favorite human and to begg for snacks.

Emma, while woundering how the rabbit learned such attitude didn't bother going after the pet because she knew that Elizabeth was safe, because most of the children were in bed or in the process of it and the staff here were already smitten with the animal.

Looking around her friend's room, Emma noted that it was much smaller than the other rooms in the orphanage not to mention bare. Only having an old spring bed that smelled faintly of dust, table that had probrably seen better days and lastly a rickety old chair that looks like it was barely standing.

Besides that the room didn't really have anything that would give a hint of how the occupant was like, much like the boy himself.

I dont know how but having seven stones and a worn post card from that beach trip seems to make the room look more lively.

Emma glanced from the corner of her eye to her friend only to jump to find Tom staring at her with a blank look on his face. Guess she wasn't as discrete as she thought.

"Having fun there?" He asked and she cursed at how her voice cracked in response to him speaking snake again.

There was a moment of silence and for a bit the child wished that the floor would swallow her up from how awkward it was.

Squishing the rock hard pillow together, Emma imagined it to be Billy's face when she gets her hands on him, height and age difference be damned.