Chapter 16

Amy felt that something was off about her friend even after she recovered.

Now a days the person in question would often be found in the garden staring off into space, thinking for hours on end, muttering to herself while clenching onto her head as if having a headache and in all honesty the blond was sick of it. So like any good friend, she did what any great friend would do.

Silently sliding next to Emma and Billy with Dennis worriedly following, Amy waited whIle Emma was brushing the dirt of a potato that she was harvesting. Elizabeth curled into Billy's arms as the older boy sorted through the raspberries, every so often he would pop a few into the rabbits waiting mouth and she would gobble them all up eagerly but stop to stare at what the new comer was about to do.

Grabbing onto a few strands of hair from the base of her neck, Amy only gave the poor girl only a few seconds before yanking on it. Hard.

"AHHHH!!" Emma yelped at the sudden sharp pain to her head and without warning chucked the object she had into the general direction of the attacker, Billy ducking just in time as a rock solid potato was hurled into the soft meat of Dennis's stomach and the boy crumbled to the ground. Suddenly not being able to speak, move or breath.

Amy and Billy stood by as Emma wimpered, rubing the lower part of her head in a vain attempt to sooth the burn and the spineless welp known as Dennis wheezing on the ground while hugging himself to protect what's left of his bruised organs. 

Elizabeth flicked her ears once again, unfazed.

What weakings in their own opinion.

"Amy," Emma cried, in pain. "whyyy..?"

The blond scoffed, "Becauseee..." 

Dennis cut in, wheezing "Because everyones worried about you Emma-!"

"Dennis!" "Sorry!"

Billy waited as the two bickered, Dennis cowering and speaking a rushed tones while Amy argued back wildly which only made Dennis squeak even faster.

What strange children.

_

______

Mrs.Cole was a simple woman with simple wants, simple needs. However...

Clenching onto one of the empty bottles, she cursed whatever haze she was under that caused her to blow through not one, not two but ALL THREE OF HER EXPENSIVE EMERGENCY WINE.

The woman took a deep breath. Then proceeded to dump all three bottles into her trash and she felt a sick sort of satisfaction at the sharp sounds of shattered glass and imagined them to be of that Professor Dumperdoor's neck.

Mrs.Cole felt that he was responsible one way or another but she just didn't know how.

A soft knock cut through her office and not even a second past when the door opened and a stone faced Tom came in. A soft click behind was heard.

She narrowed her eyes while Tom stared back with his snake curled around his shoulders lazily, neither breaking eye contact while Solomon's tongue flickered.

"So..." The tension was thick, "What brings you to my office Tom?"

His face betrayed no emotion, "Mr.Dumbledore got you too huh?" 

Eyes already narrowed turned into sliths.

She already knew that something was off about the man, because she basically raised Tom and considering the fact that the boy was a complete hell spawn to the point that most if not all of the staff was terrified of the small boy. 

Mrs.Cole was one of the only people in the entire building and far out who had the shiny back bone to show the boy just how terrifying one could be when angered.

That man gave off the same feeling as Tom, while the laters is more obvious of the sort of air around him the older man seems more subtle but Mrs.Cole was not fooled at all.

However... "What do you mean by too?"

Tom's face silently lowered to one of the windows in her office, and when she followed his gaze it rested on one of the children outside.

Emma was seated on the ground confused with Billy petting a content Elizabeth the 3rd. Both were watching as Amy continued to hound and assert her dominance over a curled up Dennis.