Chapter 2

Warnings:
Nothing really. Maybe typos cuz I only proof read once and a tiny bit of swearing but nothing extreme. Slightly agitated reader.

You woke up after an hour with a start. It was still slightly dark but you couldn't fall asleep again. You were simply afraid to fall asleep once again. You had a terrible nightmare about you failing the mission and Loki dominating the people on earth.

You were petrified by the mere thought of Loki ruling earth but after a while you calmed down.

His chances of escaping here is a bare minimum. With all the avengers living in the Avengers HQ he will simply have to vanish into thin air if he has a chance of escaping. That means one less thing to be worried about. Surely it will only take a couple of weeks to restore asgard to its former glory.

You tried to convince yourself. You calmed yourself even though you weren't entirely confident that you would be able to complete the mission. It seemed merely impossible at the moment.

You altered your thoughts to the present. Your gaze turned towards the TV which was still switched on. You had fallen asleep while watching TV.

You switched the TV off and climbed the stairs to your room. You desired a good night's sleep to calm your nerves. You changed into your Pj's and went to sleep. It took a while for you to forget about the mission but after an hour you succeeded and fell asleep in the warm embrace of your bed.

____________________

The sunlight was scalding on your face. You groaned in annoyance and placed the pillow on top of your face but you couldn't doze back to sleep because of the light. You stared at the table clock drowsily. The time was 12.30 pm.

Damn it. It's past 12.00pm. I slept in.

You jumped out of your bed swiftly, washed and went downstairs for breakfast or lunch.

Everyone had already had breakfast and were sitting on the couch arguing on what to watch. You rolled your eyes at the usual sight of the mightiest heroes on earth arguing on what to watch.

You feigned a cough to alert them of your presence. "You're all awake. Why didn't you wake me up?" You questioned. But you were quite glad they didn't.

"We thought you might wanna get some quality sleep since you have your first mission tomorrow evening," Natasha replied.

You gave her a effusive smile. You had forgotten all about the mission. You walked to the kitchen and made some cereal for yourself and headed straight to your room craving some isolation. You grabbed a book from your table and began to read while you ate breakfast. Reading always calmed your nerves.

You read for ages until you heard a soft knock on your door. "Come in," you let out an exasperated sigh, placing your book on the bedside table.

Natasha entered your room. "Lunch is ready. Come on down stairs to eat," she sat down on your bed.

She noticed that you were distraught. "What's wrong y/n? You look sorta fazed," she inquired concernedly.

"What? Oh.. It's nothing. I'm great," you fibbed, feigning a calm demeanour. You didn't like lying, specially to her, but you didn't want to divulge your feelings at the moment. Anyways you were an expert at lying.

Natasha raised an inquisitive eyebrow suspiciously. "This has something to do with the mission doesn't it?" she questioned, her expression softening.

You stared at her incredulously with your mouth slightly open. You noticed that you were gawking at her and you gained control of your expressions immediately.