*Bonus Excerpt* Death Reapers MC book #2

before.

Lux, 2 days ago.
"and when I get there, I will arrive violently."
—-

Saint stared at me with wide, concerned eyes. "Give me a moment to find her."

I came to his side, looking at him quizzically, head tilting to the side. His hand shook as he held my phone out to me.

"It's your brother."

I snatched it from his outstretched offering immediately, sitting down in a chair across from Saint's desk in the church. "Angel? Is it really you?"

His gruff voice inhaled sharply. It had been so long since we've spoken. "Fuck, little sis. Yes. God. I've missed you."

I didn't hesitate to ask. "What is it? What do you need?" Angel had saved me from our father more times than I can count growing up, it was finally time I return the favor. My heart beat infinitely quicker.

"It's my girl. She's missing. I'm the sergeant-at-arms of the Savannah Death Reapers MC. The Raging Bastards chapter in Augusta have her. It's bad. I'm in trouble, Lux.."

"You wouldn't be calling otherwise, would you? So you're in Georgia?" I asked, muttering to Saint to sit down and stop pacing around me. I know he could hear Angel's voice through the phone, listening to every word.

"Yes." My brother replied, sounding wary.

"Got it. I'll figure it out, Ashton. But I'll see you soon."

I hung up the phone, eyes moving to Saint. His amber eyes assessed me back, looking older than I've ever seen him. He knew nearly everything about me, and he wasn't pleased. He knew I would go try and remedy a fight between two rival MC's. He knew who my brother was. He tracked him.

"You're really doing this?" His rumbly voice asked, almost growling. It sent shivers down my spine.

"I have no choice." I responded, eyes falling to the floor and my old combat boots.

"There's always a choice, Lux. But what of your soul?" He muttered, hands in my hair and tilting my head up to look at him.

I smiled weakly. "Isn't that where you come in?"

Saint dropped his hands, and paced away from me, frowning deeply. "This isn't our usual M.O."

"No..."' I responded, thinking it over. "But I've dealt with worse."

"The Raging Bastards?" He scoffed, almost laughing. "Seriously? Christ, Lux. We've been scouting them for months."

I wanted to smile, but couldn't. My mind was already racing, already in Georgia, already forming my plan.

I stood, swiping at my jeans. "I don't need your approval for this. We work as a team. You tell me the worst of the worst, and I take them out. It's no different because my brother is in a club, too." I spoke quietly, slowly, leveling my eyes with him so he knew how serious this was.

We worked well together. I was the sinner and he was the Saint. And every time I met evil head on, did what I had to, he was there to cleanse me of my sins. It's why people depended on us. It's why they called us to deal with the deplorable. But I would do this without him. I would do anything for my brother, to repay him. Even if Angel didn't know it.

"I'm not afraid for your soul. I'm afraid of what they'll do to you. Fucking hell, you know what they're capable of." Saint muttered, running his fingers through his black hair. The onyx curls ended right above his clerical collar. He never cursed, his anxiety clear.

I contemplated his words. This would not be my first time in the ring with heavy fighters. With monsters. But if I learned anything from mine and Angel's father, from his abuse, it was that sometimes  you raised a monster worse than yourself. What else could be born from hatred?

I smiled, unbothered, before I spoke, leaving the room to go and pack my things. "That's if they can catch me, babe."

Second Death Reapers MC book is LIVE now!