xix.

Angel
"No one expects an angel to set the world on fire."
—-

Wolf was drawing something on a whiteboard. I had no clue what he was going on about.

I'd just set Spider on fire. Trace came to me after the drama with Riley and Rebel, saying the information concluded he was the rat. It made sense. He was new, a prospect. Stupid. And dead, now. Burned alive. His flesh was singed into my nostrils.

We were now in church. Wes, Kane, London, Cowboy, Diablo, and Twitch were all following Wolf's rambling drawings like they knew what he was talking about.

Shit had settled down. We were at a new normal. Rebel was staying in Wolf's room at the clubhouse. Wolf was staying at Trace's, but was doing his best to be attentive to the new McKenna. Trace and Wolf both seemed to have a new purpose now. They were trying to find Rebel a job, a place, they were completely including her in MC life.

And to her credit, Rebel was awesome. She was eighteen, fresh faced but grieving the loss of both of her parents. She helped out Dallas and the Reaper groupies a lot with cooking and cleaning and parties. Everyone loved her. Except Riley. I could kind of understand why it hurt her so much, knowing what I did about Brynn. Trace didn't know, or he didn't seem to. If he knew he was going to be an uncle and that's why his sister was murdered, I'd imagine he'd have had a different reaction. It still wasn't my place.

Wolf moaned on about the plan for the Raging Bastards but I tuned out. I was itching to just get drunk. I was more and more. Riley hadn't been around for weeks, not since she found out about Rebel. Rage was still in the ICU with third degree burns last I checked.

"Got it?" Wolf asked, eyes on me. I nodded, lazily. Sure, whatever. I'd pick up on the plan easily enough. We didn't even have a date to when would we would close in and annihilate the Bastards. Not without Rage there.

Trace dismissed everyone but me and Wolf.

Trace cracked his neck, Riley's same green eyes moving slowly to meet mine. God. "What are you thinking, Angel? Is the plan that bad?"

I blinked, shaking my head. "Sounds good enough."

"Good enough!" Wolf spat, rolling his eyes. "What's the deal, dude? We need you as enforcer. We need brutality in this. I'd hope you chime in." Wolf was excited, eyes bright as he stared at me.

" Wolf was excited, eyes bright as he stared at me

"My heads not in it right now, yo." I muttered, adjusting my cut on my shoulders.

"Your head never is since you've met Riley." Wolf spat, fuming.

I shrugged, no words. He wasn't wrong.

"Riley hasn't come to terms with Rebel. I do understand it brings up feelings about Brynn. She needs the space." Trace itched at his forehead, frowning deeply.

Wolf and I connected eyes, silent.

I cleared my throat, feeling awakened. "I'll try to reach her again. I know she won't answer. But I'll check on Rebel after." Rebel was everything the club could have ever hoped Riley would be. Diablo adored her, London and Cowboy teased her constantly, but Wes and Kane kept their distance, suspicious. She was practically the Death Reaper sweetheart. She blushed anytime any of the brothers even spoke to her.