Prologue

My name was Y/n L/n. 

I know what your thinking, 'Wait, was? What do you mean was? Did you change your name or something?'

Well... I'm kinda dying right now. I got ran over by some asshole drunk driver in a big ass diesel truck, swerving around like his tires are made of jello. Not the best way to go. 

I can't even describe the amount of pain I'm in right now. My whole body feels like it's being set on fire, dissolved by acid, crushed in a metal press, being ground away by a belt sander, and having enough electricity to power all of Saint Louis sent through it. All at once. 

I wasn't a bad person, I don't think. But I wasn't really the best person either, now that I think about it. I was always one of those people who were just... there. Like the background character in an anime that only appeared in one episode, but never said anything. I didn't really have a lot of friends. No girlfriend or boyfriend, either. 

My family and I never really got along all that well. Mostly because I didn't really have a drive to do anything. I just sort of lived from moment to moment, focused less on the future and more on the present. I wasn't untalented or anything. In fact, I placed into advanced learning when in the first grade, and I excelled at any hobby I picked up, but... I never really kept the enthusiasm up for long. Eventually, I lost interest, and I stopped participating in it. I tried drumming, robotics, marching band, drawing, acting, and even some sports like soccer. I just recently got into writing, but I've been starting to loose my drive to do that to. 

My father once told me that he didn't want me to settle. That he wanted me to dream up something and run for it, and to never look back, but that I seemed to not dream of anything. He wasn't wrong, really. I haven't had a dream in years, in either sense. And when I did dream, it was just really vivid nightmares. It felt like my mind was trying to rebuild itself or something. 

My brother was always so much different than me. He made friends easily, and lived every moment to the fullest, but he was never able to see the big picture. That was always my talent. My brother could find the joy in the smallest things. I saw the big picture, and saw how insignificant I was. 

My teachers always liked to talk about how anyone could make an impact, but I knew that it simply wasn't true. Not just anyone can make an impact on the world. We aren't all made for that kind of thing. Not all of us have the mentality to look at the world and say, 'I don't like how things are; I'm gonna change it.' Some of us just accept things as they are, cause we know we can't do anything about it. I was that kind of person. I saw the world around me, and how it was tearing itself apart. Climate Change. Ineffectual politicians. Older generations saying that younger generations had it too easy, and were lazy because of it. Younger generations blaming the older generations for the way things were, but doing nothing to solve the problem. Karens. 

I couldn't do anything to change the world, so I ran away from it, into the realm of fiction and fantasy. I distracted myself with TV shows and video games, anime and manga, anything I could get my hands on that wouldn't harm me, just so I didn't have to look at how bad the world had gotten. I couldn't do anything about it, after all. 

And now, here I was. A twenty-year-old boy from Missouri, reduced to a red smear on the ground. Sorry mom, but I don't think there's anything you can do to save me at this point. Can't believe I never got to taste alcohol. I was almost looking forwards to it. Ah well, nothing to do now. I do my best to keep the pain in and not react to it, so that my family calm down. After all, by whole body below my neck was pretty much destroyed. There's pretty much no chance of me surviving. I tell them it's okay. I tell them not to worry, and that eventually, I'll see them again. I tell them that I love them for the final time, as the world goes white. 

Funny, I thought death was the end. Maybe there's some kind of afterlife or something? But all I see is a white void. There's a big golden gate ahead of me. I start walking towards it. I notice that other people seem to be walking all around me, but no one seems to notice me, or each other. 

But on the way, I find this box on the ground. Seems like I'm the only one noticing it. I walk over to it, beings as it's just outside the mess of people, and pick it up, siting on the ground to check it out. I open the box and find... a watch? 

No... this is the prototype Omnitrix from the Ben 10 Classic series. why is it here? 

Suddenly, the dial emits a massive green glow, and I wake up in a classroom I don't recognize, to a teacher yelling, "Wake up, and give me your homework!" 

"Wuh?" I ask, bewildered by the sudden action, looking around at the world around me to see that I'm in an eerily familiar classroom. I then look back at the unfamiliar teacher and ask, "What homework?" 

The teacher sighs and puts her face in her hand. "Please don't tell me you forgot to do your homework again. Or do you have some excuse this time, like it being stolen?" 

I frantically open my backpack to check for assignments, and thankfully find a piece of paper matching the ones she has in her hands. Unfortunately, it's half-done. 

I sheepishly hold it out to her. "Sorry, looks like I forgot to finish it last night, o-or something. I promise, it won't happen again." 

The teacher just shakes her head. "I wish I could believe that, Mr. Tennyson." 

My eyes widened at that as I looked down at my clothes and body, to see myself wearing a white t-shirt and a pair of green cargo pants. I frantically looked to my wrists, but see no Omnitrix of any kind, which means that either I relinquished the watch at some point, or I haven't gotten it yet. 

Wait, I? I look in the reflection of the window and see that sure enough, I have brown hair and green eyes now, as opposed to my old hair and eye color. I just got reincarnated as Benjamin Kirby Tennyson. 

Author's Note: So, what do you guys think? I've wanted to do a sort-of Isekai story for a while now, but haven't been able to think of a good universe to do one in. I'm really well known for RWBY stories, but to be honest I haven't the slightest motivation to touch that fandom, even with a ten-foot-pole, due to the fact that I end up more angry then anything after writing a RWBY story. Eventually, after a lot of debating, I decided to base it on my favorite American-Produced TV Show of all time, Ben 10. I also intend to use this as an excuse to re-watch the whole series again. But regardless, I hope you guys enjoyed this prologue.

Now, for the big thing: I'm going to include chapter breaks to talk about Ben 10 theories in-between chapters, so feel free to post your own if you want. In addition, don't think that this is going to solely be a Ben 10 story, I have every intention to make this as weird as possible while mostly trying to stick to the script. I hope you enjoy, and thank you so much for reading this. SAYONARA~