Season 0, Episode 1.0

I got home from school and immediately began working on trying to figure out where in the timeline I was for the Ben 10 series. Was I before the start of the series? After it? I don't know, but I need to know. 

First things first, I don't have the omnitrix anywhere in my room, so either I've been reincarnated into the No-Watch Universe, which would be really lame, I'm in one of the universes where Gwen gets the omnitrix instead of me, or I haven't gotten the Omnitrix yet. 

I checked the calendar, and it's 2006, which should be about the year that the show starts. Specifically, it's the month of March, which means I have about two months of school left. If I remember correctly, Ben's birthday was December 27th of 1995, so that means I'm in the body of Ben during his last quarter of the fourth grade; he was dropped off before the summer that he found the omnitrix. 

Well, might as well try to do better in school for a bit, since I've already graduated and all that. I pull out my math homework for the evening, and realize that it's stuff I learned back in third grade. I let out a short chuckle before solving all the problems on the paper, and walking back out of my room, leaving everything there. I go into the garage to grab Ben's... or I guess my skateboard and helmet? Still not used to this. 

As I leave the house, I check my pockets and see that I actually have 20 bucks in my pocket. Smirking, I decided to go to Mr. Smoothie and pick something up to drink, even though I know Ben doesn't normally start liking the drink until Alien Force. I decided to get a strawberry smoothie, and the cashier seemed surprised that I could pay. After drinking it, I started skating back home. 

"Hey, Tennyson!" I here someone call. I turned to see Cash and T.J. glaring at me with a smirk. 

"Time to pay up, dweeb!" T.J. called. 

"Give us all your money, or else!" Cash called. 

I just sorta stared at them for a second, before realizing that they were like 6.5 meters away. 

"NOT TODAY, SATAN!" I shouted at the top of my lungs as I quickly spun around on my skateboard and sped away. 

"HEY, GET BACK HERE, DOOFUS!" Cash yelled as he and J.T. started to chase after me. 

I quickly flipped my skateboard up onto a railing and slid down the stairwell it was attached too, before hopping over to a second railing on the side of a highway to grind down a hill. As the railing ended, I hoped off and rode down the hill, increasing in speed as I wove off of the sidewalk and into the street, narrowly avoiding getting ran over by a car as I passed into the traffic that was going the same way, and saw my neighbor's car. I ducked down and grabbed onto the back bumper of his car as he exited the highway and rode into the subdivision. I let go as we drove past my house and rode up into the driveway jumping off my skateboard as I picked it up under my hands. 

'Looks like I've inherited Ben's skateboarding skills, so that's good to know.' I thought to myself as I put the skateboard and helmet away. I then went back into the house, only to be confronted by my 'parents'. 

"And where were you, young man?" my 'mom' asked, with my 'dad' looking equally disappointed. 

If you're wondering why I say it that way, it's because they aren't my parent's, their Ben's. And also, they never really acted like parents in the show. 

"I went out to get a smoothie with my allowance money," I told them nonchalantly. 

"Without asking permission?" my 'mom' asked. 

"I mean, my homework is already done, so it's not like there was any reason I wouldn't have been able too." 

"That doesn't change the fact that you just ran off without permission! You're still a kid, which means you need to have us come with you!" 

"Since when have you ever cared about anything I've done?" I asked. While out at Mr. Smoothies, I had gained access to some of Ben's memories, and realized that Ben's parents were... not the best. They barely paid any attention to him what-so-ever. It barely seemed like they cared about Ben, but now that 'Ben' was acting on his own, they cared? 

I couldn't help comparing them to my own parents, and seeing how awful these two seemed in comparison. My parents might not have been perfect, and they may have made mistakes, but they always cared about me. We may not have always seen eye to eye, but I always knew that they loved me. 

I didn't get that feeling from Ben's parents. They just seemed to raise Ben out of obligation. And quite frankly, I was disgusted by it. 

"Watch your tone, young man," Ben's 'mom', which I just remembered that she insisted on being called Sandra, responded in an even tone. "You live in our house, so you follow our rules. I swear, every day that goes by you end up more like your irresponsible grandfather." 

"WELL AT LEAST HE CARED ABOUT HIS KIDS!" I shouted as I ran off to my room. 

"BENJAMIN!" Sandra yelled as I slammed my door shut. I sighed and slumped over a small laptop in my room, before looking through my video-chat contacts, and finding someone I didn't expect. 

"I have Gwen's contact info?" I asked myself, before sighing and calling her number. To even more of my surprise, she actually answered. 

"Sup doofus," Gwen asked as she continued to do what looked like her homework. "Need help with your homework again?" 

'I guess Ben asked her for help with assignments sometimes.' 

"Actually, I was wanting your advice on something," I asked tentatively. 

Gwen looked up, surprised. I must have looked really upset, cause she immediately put her homework to the side. "What's wrong?" 

"I had a fight with Sandra," I admitted. "It got pretty heated." 

Gwen shifted in her seat. "Like, how bad? Start at the beginning." 

I did my best to recap the argument, and started by telling her that I had went out to get food after finishing my homework. When I got back, Sandra had yelled at me for going out without asking, and eventually she insulted grandpa max, and I responded by shouting that at least Grandpa Max cared about his kids. 

Gwen sighed as she sat back in her chair. "That's... a lot. You do realize your probably grounded until summer, right?" 

"I'm grounded until they forget about my being grounded again, basically. Sandra doesn't care about me. I'm not her son to her, I'm the result of her forgetting to use birth control." 

"Pfft~" Gwen suddenly burst out laughing. "Where did you here that?!" 

"School," I replied. I was starting to get used to being called Ben. "One of the sixth graders, Yang, mentioned it." 

"Speaking of school," Gwen chuckled. "How goes it?" 

"I'm passing, to the surprise of my teachers," I joked. "It feels like the stuff is finally clicking for me. That and Cash has finally stopped harassing me long enough for me to finish an assignment." 

"Well, I'm glad to here it, Ben," Gwen looked like she wanted to say something more, but her mom called her from off screen. "Sorry Ben, I gotta go. Best advice I can give is to just do your best not to let them get to you. I'll talk to you again soon!" 

Gwen hung up after that. I sighed and laid down on my bed, mulling over my thoughts from the day. The world I was in was slightly different from the others, and it seemed that Gwen and Ben had a better relationship here than they did in the show. Well, I guess having already graduated high school will help with this basic homework. 

Author's Note: Was it good? I hope so. I'm trying to get back to a semi-normal writing schedule, but I got a new job recently, and the new management is messing with my hours. Add on college starting back up and... yeah, I don't have lots of free time. Hope y'all understand. Stay safe, get vaccinated if you can, and wear your masks please, I wanna be able to visit my grandma again. Till next time, SAYONARA~