Season 0, Episode 3.0

One month left. I only have one month left until summer vacation. 

Sandra finally stopped breathing down my neck, and even gave me my skateboard back, and now she's just asking that I let her and Carl know when I'm leaving. What caused the sudden change in behavior, you ask? T.J. decided to be a dumbass. 

By that, I mean he brought a gun to school and tried to threaten me with it in the front courtyard. Me and Ruby managed to take him down before security even got there, but it was enough to get her to leave me alone. 

Speaking of Ruby, she's my new best friend at school. She actually treats me like an equal, and the fact that we both like fiction stories helps too. 

Turns out, Ruby's whole family exists in this universe. She showed me a picture of her, her sister, her mom, and her dad. I wouldn't be surprised if Qrow was a plumber in this universe, to be honest. 

After that whole fiasco, Sandra accepted that I was responsible enough to handle myself. But Cash has been getting more violent with me recently after T.J. was arrested, so Carl still comes and picks me up from school on occasion. 

Ruby asked her sister Yang to teach me how to fight. I never really learned how to fight in my past life, so this was kinda new. Yang taught me some basics, and I picked up on them surprisingly quickly. Guess Ben is a natural at fighting. 

I decided to play through some of Ben's Sumo Slammer games, and found that some the moves could probably be replicated by the aliens in the Omnitrix. One of them had the ability to roll up into a ball, and another could cause spikes of earth to rise from the ground, which I found eerily similar to Canonbolt and Diamondhead respectively. There were also a couple of Samurai and Ninja, and even a monk in the game. I made sure to keep the moves in my mind for the trip this summer. 

Gwen has been talking to me about some summer learning courses she has planned, with everything from astrology and geology to marine biology and archeology. I felt slightly bad, because I knew that she would end up on the trip instead. I mentioned that maybe Grandpa and I could visit her at some point during the summer, and she got really excited. 

Tonight, though, I'm not doing any of these things. Since I've been hanging out with Ruby so much, her and my parents decided they wanted to meet each other. I had to admit I was a little nervous, but I shrugged off my nerves and agreed to it. So I was now wearing a different t-shirt, one with black sleeves instead of a black stripe down the middle, and with an orange trim on the neck and sleeves. I still wore my green cargo pants and black and white tennis shoes. I then got in the car with my parents and we drove out to their log cabin on the edge of town. 

Ruby and Yang were happy to see us come over to their house. Their father, Taiyang, was much less happy, and seemed kind of guarded around my parents. He seemed to like me though, which was nice. Me, Ruby, and Yang basically just hung out for an hour in the living room, talking about stuff before Ruby dragged us outside to play with their dog, Zwei. That dog is amazing. 

Their uncle Qrow showed up halfway through the time they were playing, and he's also really cool. I'm fairly certain that he's definitely a Plummer. He's to skilled in combat to be anything else. At least in this universe. 

Eventually, we had to go back home, and we found T.J. and Cash egging our house. Carl and Sandra chased after them, and I stayed in the car because I was tired and didn't want to get beat up. Eventually, after struggling to stay awake, I passed out in the car. 

Carl woke me up later, telling me it was time to go into the house. I sleepily went in and sent a message to Gwen that I was too tired to talk tonight, before passing out on my bed. 

The next morning, when I woke up, I messaged Gwen, seeing if she was available for a video chat. She immediately sent a request for a video call in response, which brought me a chuckle. I accepted the call to see Gwen with an extremely worried look. 

"BEN I HEARD WHAT HAPPENED ARE YOU OKAY?" Gwen shouted immediately, causing me to wince at the loud noise since I hadn't fully woken up yet, but I chuckled anyways. 

"I'm fine, Gwen," I reassured her. "Who told you about what happened?" 

"Our dads called each other last night," Gwen told her. 

"Gwen, all that happened is that our house got egged. Carl and Sandra chased after them and are making them wash the house today to get all the eggs off of the house. I was asleep in the car the whole time so I wasn't involved." 

Gwen finally seemed to calm down after that explanation. "Okay, well I'm glad your okay cuz. I take it that you're ungrounded now?" 

"Yep." I explained the rest of what had happened, leaving out the mess with the reason why I was ungrounded so as not to worry her anymore, before continuing, "Oh, I also decided to start taking self defense classes from one of the other students at my school." 

"Oh really? Who?" 

"You know Ruby's older sister, Yang?" 

Gwen seemed to frown for a second as she nodded. 

"Well, she's on the school wrestling and boxing team, and she's been giving me lessons. I wanted to be able to fight like some of the characters from the Sumo Slammers games I've been playing. Anyways, are you exited for your plans this Summer?" 

Gwen's eyes lit up again. "Yeah, I signed up for a few different camps that are a bit different from the others, but I really think I'm gonna enjoy them. There's an archery camp, a fencing camp, and even a gymnastics camp." 

"Sounds cool, Gwen," I replied with a smile. "I'm glad you'll be having fun this summer too." 

Gwen and I talked for a bit longer, before I eventually said goodbye so that I could get a shower and get through the day. 

Author's note: I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I know I've been skipping over a lot of little things and instead covering them in a more recap style, which is a bit different, but I hope you guys enjoyed it, because I really enjoyed writing in this style. I'm going to have one final chapter after this, before the main start of the show, so the actual action is going to be starting soon. Stay safe, and SAYONARA~