Chapter 2

Ji-Ho's POV

"Cora! School bus is here!!" I yelled and I looked up when I heard racing footsteps. Grabbing her bag and lunchbox, she kissed my cheek and ran towards the door.

"Bye mummy! I love you!!"

"Love you too baby. See you after school." I called after her as she got on the bus and after the doors got closed, the driver drive off and I stood there waving with a big smile on my face until the bus was out of sight. Sweet Lord. Kids grow so fast. One moment they're babies and the next, they're ten and off to their first day of fifth grade.

I closed the door behind me and put everything where it should be before showering and getting ready for work. I didn't have time to eat breakfast, so I put the two extra sandwiches that I left for later into a ziplock bag and dashed out the door because I was really late for work.

Before I could drive out of the driveway, my phone rang. Fishing it out of my pocket, I picked the call.

"Jin-" I said into the mouthpiece as I backed out of the driveway.

"Where are you?!" The owner of the restaurant I work at yelled into the phone and I flinched.

"I'm on my way. Traffic." I replied.

"Well you better get here fast. Mr Rodriguez is really interested in talking to the head chef. If we miss this deal because you're late, you're fired." And with that, she ended the call. Damn, I thought even though I knew she won't fire me. I drove as fast as I could and ate my sandwich whenever I stopped at a red light. When I finally got to the restaurant, I practically ran to the entrance. Before opening the door, I composed myself by taking deep breaths.

Rubbing my palms on my hair in hope of pressing down any stray strands, I opened the door and went in.

"Good morning ma'am. Miss Ashton said to meet her in her office." Oliver, one of the waiters said as he wiped down the tables and I flashed him a smile before walking fast to the said office.

"Good morning." I said when I walked into the office and 3 pairs of eyes looked at me. Two mildly irritated and one relieved. "I'm really really sorry. I was caught in traffic." I lied.

"All the more reason why you should have left home earlier considering the fact that we have an appointment." The man said and I took a deep breath. Well, it was my fault and I agree it was, which was why I apologised. He could shove it up his ass if he didn't like my apology.

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again." I said one more time. Good morning Sir, Ma'am." I said, nodding to the woman sitting next to him

"Peaches."

"Right. Peaches. I apologize once more. It wasn't intentional."

Mr Rodriguez and his fiancée were planning their wedding and they chose us to be the ones to prepare the food. We were to cater for the event though they said it'd be a very small ceremony. Small but sophisticated. They planned on inviting only family and friends.

The meeting lasted a little over an hour. We went over the menu, the estimated number of people that would attend so that we will know how much food to make and a whole lot of other things until we were sure we had covered all grounds. That was when they finally left. Fuck, that was exhausting.

"No. You don't get to sigh in exhaustion this early morning." My boss, Angie said and I sighed.

"I'm sorry. He was just mean." I whined and she rolled her eyes. Angie Ashton is my boss and also my hero.

I work as a chef in a 4 star restaurant called Gourmet Kitchen. Angie owns the place but she made me head chef at some point in time. Why? Probably because I cook good food. I started working there almost 10 years ago, not so long after my baby was born. She had been godsent in my hour of need. Remembering those days I went through trash to find something to eat still gives me goosebumps till date.